~Hanahaki disease~

(Did someone call for angst?)
(Also, this might be triggering to some...just a warning.)

Hanahaki disease: A disease caused by one-sided love. The victim of the disease coughs up and throws up flowers, flower petals, and blood, once they find out that their crush doesn't feel the same or their crush likes someone else.
The disease will continue to happen until the victim is cured from the disease, or the victim dies from blood loss or from flowers clogging up their lungs.
On the plus side, there are two cures:
The first one is through surgery. However, if the victim goes through surgery, all of their emotions disappear.
The other cure is the victim's crush admitting their true feelings to the victim.
If the victim isn't cured in a certain amount of time, they'll die.

-now, onto the scenarios~-

1. OC/Character got the hanahaki disease one day, and tries their best to hide it from Character/OC and the other newsies. However, the newsies and Character/OC start to become concerned for OC/Character, since OC/Character has been acting out of character recently and looks like that  they've been getting weaker and weaker as the days go on.
One day, Character/OC decides to check on OC/Character...and finding OC/Character with bloody flowers on the side of their mouth, as well as them coughing up blood and flower petals.
What will Character/OC do?

2. It's been a few weeks since OC/Character and (Character) have became a couple. Character/OC, while heartbroken that their crush loves someone else, wishes OC/Character well. One day, while Character/OC sees OC/Character and (character) together, they start to cough up bloody flower petals...
What happens next?

3. OC/Character confesses their love to Character/OC one day to find out that Character/OC would rather be friends instead of lovers with OC/Character. Heartbroken but understanding; OC/Character says goodbye and wishes them luck, about to leave but is cut off by coughing up blood and bloody flower petals.
What will Character/OC do?

4. Character/OC has feelings for OC/Character, but OC/Character doesn't feel the same. Knowing that OC/Character doesn't feel the same, Character/OC still tries to be friends with OC/Character or stays out of OC's/Character's way.
One day, OC/Character starts to get a little suspicious, since Character/OC hasn't hung out with OC/Character for a couple days/a while. However, they shrug it off, thinking that Character/OC is busy. But later on, Character/OC goes over to OC/Character, covered in blood and bloody flower petals/flowers.  Tears stream out of Character's/OC's eyes, falling to the ground and rasping out a "Help me, OC/Character...please..."
Before they pass out on the ground.
What happens next?

5. Make it up!