Chapter 38: Class

"Please don't tell the others okay..." Indigo sobbed almost begging the man now.

Daryl rubbed his forehead stressing, "Indigo, do you realise what you just told me."

She nodded, "yes but-but please, they can't know. I want to be the one to tell them."

"When will that be, Indigo?" Daryl whispered softly, "we are possibly being hunted down by your brothers...psychotic group."

Indigo felt herself want to vomit, "look-we shouldn't be worrying about that right now okay...Daryl, Shanes been actin'-"

Daryl and Indigo were both cut off as Rick walked past them, "Hey Daryl, hey-uh-Indigo, I think Lori wants to do some homework with you and Carl."

Daryl stared at the girl in disbelief of what he just got told, "hurry on, she's wait in' for ya." He said simply watching her make her way up to the old farm house. He rubbed the temples of his forehead.

"You okay, Daryl." Rick asked, a Daryl realising he was still standing there.

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine." Daryl lied, "didn't sleep well last night."

"I don't think any of us did..." Rick mumbled looking at the small girl but was quick to grab the tools he needed and leave.

---

Indi made her way into the house greeted by the home feeling, Hershel's place gave off. She loved it here but she knew, soon, she had to leave.

Carl's squeaky voice cut her thoughts off from the dining room, "Hey, InDiGo! Over here!"

"Oh, hi, Carl." She smiled softly, what a dork.

"Mums making us do homework in the apocalypse, can you believe it?!"

The small girl hoisted herself up on one of the empty chairs as he passed her an empty text book and a pen to write with, "Thanks."

Lori finally decided to show up and their lesson started, "Okay kids, let's get our brains running!" Lori's excitement was making Indigo feel horrible, imagine liking homework.

"Can I be excused?" Indigo asked softly.

"Yeah sure, just be back quick, okay?" Lori smiled, "next we are doing numbers!"

Indigo rolled her eyes smiling running up the stairs. She looked both ways throughout the corridor trying to find somewhere to hide. She managed to find an empty cupboard as her small frame stepped inside it, "what do you think you're doing?"

"Ugh." Indigo groaned at the tone of Lori's voice.

"Don't think I know what a runner looks like." Lori laughed, "Carl use to do the same thing at your age."

"Oh, cool?" Indigo replied through sarcasm

"Oh, cool?" Indigo replied through sarcasm. Lori held her hand as they made their way back into the dining room.

"Gathering you tried to do a runner." Carl smirked, "I guess that was a mission fail."

"Shut up." Indigo smiled softly punching him in the arm.

Lori sat down making the chair creak, "Okay, now that Indigo has decided to join us, let's do some maths using these small cubes."

"Really, counting?" Carl groaned, "That's kindergarten stuff."

Indigo rolled her eyes as she grabbed at the cubes. She moved one cube to the left, then created a plus sign and added two more cubes to the right, "okay how much is this?"

"Really?" Carl mumbled, "two."

Indigo clapped her hands, "Great job."

"I can't tell if you're being for real."

Indigo giggled softly. Lori shook her head smiling, "okay, I'm serious let's focus-"

"Hey, uh, Lori?" Glenn walked into the room cutting her off, "Can I speak to you for a moment?"

"Oh, um, yeah sure!" Lori got up surprised to see the young man.

After a couple of minutes, Indigo hit the table with her fist causing Carl to almost fall off his chair, "I'm so bored."

"-and you couldn't have just stated that like a normal person." Carl said in disbelief feeling his heart race.

Indigo shook her head with a big smirk, "Nope, it's not as fun."

The two kids played around with the cubes waiting for Lori. Indigo made what she thought looked like a head with a smiley face, in reality it looked like some sort of deformed potato. Carl didn't even try, he just put two cubes together and called it a face. Indigo sighed peering out the window, Glenn looked worried but she just shook it off. Who knows what it was about, she just hoped and wasn't anything bad...or spraying that Daryl didn't spill her secret. She never understood why she told him, I guess it was because she felt he could relate in this weird abnormal way.

"You okay?" Carl asked softly.

"Yeah..." She muttered, "just thinkin."

"About what?"

"Everything." She said smiling  before playfully throwing a cube at his forehead.

~~~~~

This chapter was just a filler which if I'm going to be down right honest, why its so short and bad but hope you enjoy the next chapter.