Chapter 3: Geeks

Rick shot at the walkers making his way down the street. Their blood splattered over abandoned cars and speckled across the dry pavement. His legs grew tired but he continued to run firing at any walker in their way, killing atleast eight. As they went to turn the corner, they came across a young Asian man in a baseball cap.

"Woah! Not dead!" The man yelled pushing them through the fence. "C'mon! C'mon!"

The dead roared behind the trio desperate to feed on their flesh. Indigo clung onto Rick who was busy shooting at the walkers.

"Back here! C'mon! C'mon!"

The young man climbed the ladder. Rick placed Indi down continuing to attempt to push the walkers back. The man helped the little girl up to safety while Rick looked at his gun which had just run out of bullets.

"What're you doing! C'mon!" The stranger screamed causing Rick to begin climbing the ladder, "Come on, get up"

Indigo shook in fear overwhelmed by the traumatic experience unfolding in front of her. The walkers snapped their jaws, she had never heard something so loud before. The trio stood their exhausted looking down at the flesh eating monsters.

"Nice moves there, Clint Eastwood." The young man stated sarcastically,"you the new sheriff come riding in to clean up the town?"

"It wasn't my intention."

"Yeah, whatever. Yeehaw. You're still a dumbass."

Indigo just stared at the two, "who's Clint Eastwood?"

The pair chuckled still catching their breaths. Rick held out his hand, "Rick, thanks."

"Glenn, you're welcome."

"Indigo, and this is Bear!" Indi smiled then pointed at the stuffed animal poking out of her backpack. Rick placed his gun in Glenn's bag when the walkers started to groan louder.

"Uh no." Glenn said looking down at the walkers attempting to climb to them. Glenn grabbed hold of the next ladder, they all looked up.

"T..that's a really high ladder." Indigo stated staring up towards the rooftop.

Glenn looked back at them, "The bright side: At least it'll be the fall that kills us. I'm a glass half-full kinda guy."

"Yeah, thanks for that, Glenn

"Yeah, thanks for that, Glenn." Rick told him looking back at the girl. Indigo gulped and started climbing. Glenn then Rick followed close behind her careful where they stepped.