Chapter 34: Trigger Finger

Start from the beginning

"I cleared those buildings. You guys get this one?"

"No."

"Me neither."

"We're looking for Dave and Tony and no one checks the damn bar?" One of the men says with annoyance in his voice. Indigo holds Ricks hand nervously when they hear footsteps approaching. Indigo could hear the door shake violently. It goes silent for a brief moment.

"What?"

"Someone pushed it shut." The man replied, "There's someone in there."

"Rick.." Indigo tears up as Rick covers her mouth with his hand signalling her to be quiet.

The same man raised his voice, "Yo, is someone in there? Yo, if someone's in there, we don't want no trouble. We're just looking for our friends."

"What do we do?" Glenn states clinging onto his weapon nervously, "Bum rush the door?"

"No, we don't know how many are there." Rick states, "Just relax."

"We don't want any trouble. We're just looking for our friends. If something happened, tell us." The man shouts again, "This place is crawling with corpses. If you can help us not get killed, I'd appreciate it."

"Dude, you're bugging. I'm telling you nobody's in there."

"Someone guard the door. If they're in there, they might know where Dave and Tony are." Rick could hear footsteps departing when he knew they weren't going to get out of this just sitting here.

"They drew on us!" He calls out and Glenn and Hershel eye him then the door cautiously. Footsteps approached again when the same man's voice was heard from outside again.

"Dave and Tony in there? They alive?"

Rick paused staring at Glenn who shook his head as if to not answer but Rick closed his eyes sighing, "No."

"They killed Dave and Tony."

"Come on, man, let's go." The other men said out of fear. That's exactly what Indigo wanted to do, leave.

"No, I'm not leaving, I'm not telling Jane." Indigo peeked up at that name. That was her mothers name...but she was dead, "I'm not gonna go back and tell them that Dave and Tony got shot by some assholes in a bar."

"Your friends drew on us! They gave us no choice!" Rick shouted back, "I'm sure we've all lost enough people, done things we wish we didn't have to, but it's like that now. You know that! So let's just chalk this up to what it was... Wrong place, - wrong..."

Rick was cut off when shots began going through the walls of the bar. Indigo screamed in fear running out of the back of the bar.

"Indigo!" Rick yelled pointing his gun back out towards the front, "Get outta here! Go!" Rick yelled at Glenn in Hershel in between gun shots avoiding the glass of windows shattering around them.

Indigos heart beat violently as she avoided stray bullets. She almost skid around the corner out into an alley way when she heard an engine rev from the streets. She kneeled behind a trash can, her breathes shallow.