"I will take that as a good thing, you might need to believe in me if you want me to succeed in being crowned" I said firmly as we danced.

Mekhi seemed to pull me closer. "I could easily replace you" he replied.

A shot of hurt ran through me but I squashed it down. "If you wanted to replace me, you would've done it already" I replied as the King dipped me slowly.

I came back up and Mekhi definitely held me closer, his voice and cheek brushing my ear.
"I see you already assume you know me, just because I asked you to be my Queen and just because you know my name does not mean you know me" he said in my ear.

A shiver went down my spine. Two could play at that game. I leaned in closer too. "Just because you can read my thoughts and just because I agreed to be your Queen, does not mean you own me, I have always been free.. I've chosen to stay here" I replied in his ear.

I pulled away and spun, laughing as Mekhi caught me. He dipped me again and the song finished, my hand on the King's chest. "I do own you Celene, I think you keep forgetting that" he growled.

"Whatever you want to think, my Lord" I said before giving him a wink.

I pulled away and turned to Henry. "That was beautiful, I adored it" I said gently.

Two pink spots showed on his cheeks. "Thank you, my Lady" he said, bowing.

Glancing back at the King, his silver eyes watched me. "My King" I said teasingly as I sunk into a curtsey.

I smiled as I strode from the room. I continued down the hall and spotted Natalie dusting some shelves. "Natalie!" I exclaimed.

She turned around and her eyes widened. "My lady" she said quickly, curtseying.

"Don't curtsey, it's just me" I said, frowning.

The head maid cleared her throat. "You afe the future Queen Celene, you're no longer a maid, I need to show respect" she said stiffly.

"Not when it's just us, you don't, we're friends" I replied.

She seemed to relax but immediately straightened her back. "My King" she said, her eyes darting over my shoulder.

I whirled around and Mekhi stood in the entrance, his silver eyes stormy and sparking like lightning. "Natalie, please continue your duties.." he said, firmly.

I frowned and Natalie curtsied and scuttled off. I folded my arms. "I was just saying hello" I said as he slowly slunk into the room.

He suddenly reminded me of a tiger, watching me closely. "You're trouble" he said calmly.

I raised my chin. "Did you just figure that out?" I asked, a little sarcastic.

"I am still your King, and you still need to show me a sign of respect, you are not my Queen yet" he growled.

I bit my lip, drawing his eyes to it. "Henry took a liking to you, says you have spirit and thunder in your soul" the King continued, stepping even closer.

"I was not aware that I was to be pleasing him" I replied, stiffly.

Mekhi stood in front of me and reached up to grasp my jaw. He held it gently but somehow I could feel his touch burn my skin. "You are to please no one but I" he replied, harshly.

Inner me laughed and it couldn't help but bubble out. "I'm glad the dance had any effect on you" I replied, as he held me still.

He leaned in. "That was not very lady-like to leave a man like that" he said, leaning closer still.

Our mouths were a breath apart. "Whoever told you I was a lady, seriously lied" I replied.

In one swoop, he captured my mouth and forced me back. My back hit the wall behind me as Mekhi deepened the kiss. He groaned as my hands went to his hair and accidentally knocked off his crown. It fell to the floor with a clang but neither of us cared.

He let go of my jaw and bent a little, picking me up and holding me firmer against the wall. I wrapped my legs around him, as much as I could in this ridiculous dress.

Mekhi left my lips and pressed hot kisses down my neck until his stopped at what I knew he felt my pulse. He pulled away abruptly but I held him. "It's okay, I'm not scared" I said, as his upper lip began to pull back.

His eye widened as I leaned in and kissed him, deliberately knicking my tongue on one of his fangs. Mekhi moaned. Pulling away, I gazed at him.

I wasn't scared at all, I felt at peace. "Don't take too much" I said, before tilting my head.

"Celene" he rasped out.

"It's okay" I promised.

Leaning in, he pressed a kiss to my pulse and I closed my eyes before wincing as his fangs pierced my skin. A drawn out gasp left me, as ecstasy filled my entire body.

He held me tightly for a moment and my eyes rolled back before he pulled away, licking his lips. The sight of blood always had made me hurl in the past but now it was incredibly hot. It was either the pleasure running through my half running brain or something else completely that made me pull Mekhi back into a kiss. My blood stained both our mouths and I felt high.

I never wanted this feeling to end..

A/N

Another chapter... ooo..
I wonder what's going to happen next!

Stay tuned!
Also I totally would make out with Mekhi if he drank my blood and wanted to kiss me. He's like super hot.

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Lots of love, Tavana xoxoxox