“WICKED’s virus,” Newt added.

“Let me go!” The green shirt tried to move, making Thomas tightened his grip.

“No, before you explain what you have done!” Thomas told.

“No, before you get punished.” Minho threatened him. His jaw clenched as if he wanted to show if he wasn’t joking. “Who the shuck are you? What do you want?”

The boy gave no answer, only stared at Minho.

Minho stepped backwards. He took the Launcher from Brenda. He aimed it to the green shirt. His finger was ready to pull the trigger. “I ask, who are you?” his voice raised.

“Slim it, Minho!” Newt demanded. “You scared him enough. The boy will fainted before he can tell something.”

Minho only rolled his eyes.

“You heard what he said,” Newt came closer. “Answer him or you will feel the bullet give you the worst five minutes in your life.” He glared toward the black shirt who got his whole body stung by the electricity. His voice was calm, but steady.

The boy clenched his teeth.

“Answer him!” Thomas insisted. His tight grip made the boy moan.

“Hey, guys,” Brenda interrupted. She was kneeling beside on of the infected kids. She looked worry. “I think we should save them first.”

“Yeah, right,” Newt nodded. “Please, find Clare, Brenda! Tell her about the mutated virus.”

Brenda nodded. She got off the room by the seconds.

All the attention back to the green shirt. Thomas gripped the boy with all of his power, not giving him any little chance to move his body. Newt watched the boy carefully. His fingers caressed his chin. Meanwhile, Minho shot the boy by a sharp look. He sent the launcher closer, leaving spaces only five inches to the boy’s chest. A few feet away, the black shirt had fainted.

“Who are you?” Minho asked. His voice was powerful and scary.

Tho boy almost jumped is Thomas didn’t hold him hard.

“I’M A CRANK!” The boy barked. Fear mixed with his voice, making the words vibrate. “I’m a crank. I gonna be fucked up. I will lose my mind and you took my opportunity to get cured.” His chest heaved in and out. His breathing fast. He seemingly needed an extra energy to release those words.

“What are you bloody talkin’ about, slinthead?” that question was from Newt who still kept his voice low. “The Right Arm saved you.”

“That’s crap! WICKED will start their trials in order to find the cure. And you ruined everything. You’re kidnapping us, preventing the trial begin. That means, you prevented them in finding the cure.” The boy paused. He gasped for the air. Then, he continued, “WICKED is good.”

Thomas, Minho, and Newt exchanged glances. They were tired hearing that phrase, the most hated three words in history.

“Listen up, Dude!” Thomas finally spoke. “WICKED lied you. There is no cure. They will never find the cure.”

“Or you’re not wanting to help, Thomas?”

Thomas exhaled heavily. The fake news obviously had spread throughout the entire city. WICKED gave them hope only to disappoint them at the end. If it was true that the boy wasn’t immune, surely he was excited to know there would be possibility of curing him. He couldn’t refuse his empathy built for that poor boy.

“No, you’re wrong.” Thomas shook. Even though he guessed the kid wouldn’t hear, he tried to tell the truth. “Thre’s no cure. They lied you. They’re lying you.”