Chapter 18: "Damn it!"

Brittany falls to the ground, her back coming in contact with the grass. Quinn shouts as the guard runs after the man. Brittany doesn't move from where she lay. Her hands come up slowly pressing over her stomach, feeling the wet substance escaping through.

"Brittany," Quinn's voice whispers. Quinn's hands hover over Brittany's wound, pressing her hands down gently onto Brittany's stomach. The red substance pouring out getting all over their hands. "Henry, go get the stretcher and the nurse." Henry, the guard shakes his head bending down beside the two girls. His arms scoop Brittany up and carry her bridal style quickly inside the house. He takes her through the living room, past the grand staircase and through a narrow hallway back to the doctor's room. He lays the girl on a hospital surgery bed and looks to Quinn. Quinn thanks him as she walks to Brittany's side. The nurse comes running over and two doctors.

"Quinn, we need you to exit the room so we can operate," the head doctor spoke. Quinn looked to Brittany who barely had her eyes opened, but Quinn nodded. She turned on her heels walking out.

"Q-Quinn," Brittany choked out. Quinn stopped and turned locking eyes with the ginger haired girl. "G-Get Anna out o-of the closest." Brittany watches as Quinn quietly nods her head up and down. "And Q-Quinn, thank you." Quinn smiles slightly before exiting the room. She flies past some of her men cleaning up the place, straight up the grand staircase. From there she entered Anna's room and went to the closet. She swung the door open and bent down opening the tiny door. Her eyes looked around seeing Anna in the corner asleep. Quinn sighs walking in over to the tiny girl. She picks the girl up and carries her out. Quinn sets the girl on the bed just as Anna's eyes flutter open. She meets Quinn's eyes and jumps, moving away.

"Sorry, sorry," Quinn spoke, putting her hands in the air and backing away. She watches Anna seeing the girl's blue eyes looking around.

"Where's Brittany?" Anna questioned. Quinn bit her lip looking down to the ground. Anna sat up on the bed, swinging her feet over to the ground. "Quinn, what happened? There was so many gun shots."

"Brittany was shot, Anna," Quinn mumbled. Anna tilted her head, making a questionable face. Quinn looked up meeting the girl's eyes. "Brittany...she got shot." This time she spoke louder, Anna hearing. Silence took over the door until Anna stood up. "Anna, please." Anna shakes her head and walks past Quinn. Quinn grabs the tiny girl's wrist pulling her back. Their faces become inches away from one another. "You know I can't let you leave." Quinn's eyes look back and forth between Anna's eyes.

"You can't control me," Anna replied, pulling away and running out the door. Quinn stands there a minute before racing after the young girl. She gets down the stairs to find Anna stopped looking at the dead guards bodies. Quinn sighed walking over and standing beside Anna. "Oh my god."

"She was protecting you," Quinn whispered. Anna jumped looking to Quinn. "Come with me, I wanna show you something." Quinn walks out the backdoor, not looking behind her. Anna takes a moment slowly walking past the bodies and following Quinn. She ran to catch up then they slowly walked to the woods surrounding the property.

"Where are we going?" Anna looked around, feeling the fresh air fill her lungs. Quinn stuffs her hands in her jean pockets not answering. Anna remained quiet until they came upon a tiny house in the middle of the woods. Anna's blue eyes scan the house, confused. She turns looking to Quinn. "What is this?"

"I brought Brittany here the first time I met her-" Quinn paused, looking at the home. "This is also where she was raped and abused." Quinn turned her head looking to Anna. Anna already had her eyes locked on Quinn. "I never wanted her to get hurt. I wanted to protect her even if I didn't know her."

"You loved her," Anna whispered. Quinn shook her head no.

"I love her and I never stopped." Quinn looked away biting her lip, a hand going through her hair. "But I wanted her to be happy. I wanted her to go and act like she always wanted to." Quinn walked up the stairs and stood on the porch. She leaned against the railing. "We would come here every night and talk and eat and she'd tell me about the dates she went on. The movies she got a roll in. I was so happy for her, that loving her was just that."

"Loving her to the point you just wanted her to be happy," Anna spoke, walking up the stairs turning and facing Quinn, as Quinn's head nodded.

"And now she's found someone else and I let her get shot." Anna tilted her head, watching Quinn's eyes tear up. Quinn sniffs and walks to the door opening it up. Anna follows behind the girl. Quinn takes a seat upon the mattress, as Anna stands awkwardly. "But I knew that if I didn't let her give Gregory to his men, they would've killed everyone here. And I couldn't allow that. For everyone's safety and yours."

"So you let her get shot?" Anna took a seat on the mattress, a little ways away from Quinn, as Quinn nods her head yes, avoiding eye contact.

"Because she loves you Anna. She has since the first pitch perfect movie and I know she would never let it go if anything were to happen to you." Anna bit her lip looking to the window, placing her arms on top of her knees. Quinn turns her head looking to the tiny brunette.

"Is she going to die?" Anna questioned in a low whisper. Quinn scooted closer and shook her head side to side.

"I don't know. I sure hope not." Quinn looked to the ground, as Anna glanced to Quinn. Quinn's eyes darted around the ground realizing Anna was barefoot. "Sorry about your feet. Should've gave you shoes." Anna looked to her feet and shrugged her shoulders.

"Don't worry about it," Anna said standing up. "We should get back, before they think I escaped." Quinn nodded standing up walking past the tiny girl. Anna follows behind Quinn as they head back to the house. Quinn stops looking to the ground. The brunette stops behind her tilting her head. Quinn turns around placing her hands on Anna's cheeks and bringing the tiny girl close, locking with Anna's lips. Quinn attacks them, passionately then pulls away. Both of their eyes open immediately. Anna bites her lip as Quinn turns and punches a tree.

"Damnit! DAMNIT!" Quinn shouts repeatedly punching the tree. Anna runs over and grabs Quinn's hand, then pushing her chest away from the tree.

"Stop it!" Anna shouted looking at Quinn. Her face confused and her mind racing. "You're conflicted, I get it. But punching a tree and damaging yourself, isn't going to help you."

"I shouldn't have kissed you-" Quinn paused turning around, her head drops, her eyes shutting. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"It's fine," Anna sighed softly. "You're conflicted and I was here. Our emotions get the best of us. I get it." Quinn turns and nods.

"Let's go. Brittany should be out of surgery by now." Quinn starts walking, Anna shakes her head following close behind.