22

Editing Credits: RedCross178

The next day, the date was finalized. Mr. Jahangir was surprised when Zarmeenay agreed, but he didn't say anything. Zarmeenay's clothes, jewelry and everything else was sent by the Sheraazi family.

2 weeks later, her Nikah took place. She was wearing a beautiful rose gold dress with light makeup, while Hazik wore a white salwar kameez.

After the Nikah, he was sent to Zarmeenay's room to meet her. She had no friends present there, since she didn't want to lose her friends or scare them away. Hazik's cousins left the room when he entered.

Zarmeenay didn't look too happy. He sighed and sat beside her.

"Assalamualaikum. Nikah Mubarak." He smiled and held her hand.

Zarmeenay mumbled her reply and looked at him. He was looking devilishly handsome, she found it hard to take her eyes off of him.

Hazik put a bracelet on her wrist. It was delicate looking and stunning. He kissed her knuckles and pulled her against him.

"My beautiful angel. My wife." He mumbled against her hair.

Zarmeenay tried to pull away but he lifted her head and stared into her eyes. Denying him was harder for her now, she felt herself drowning in his eyes. Before she could realize what was happening, he placed a small kiss on her lips, making her eyes widen in shock.

Her face went bright red and she looked down, not knowing what to say. Hazik smiled, seeing her shy away and got up. Her feelings were all over the place, she didn't know what to do or say.

The next day, Zarmeenay went to her university as usual. But at off time, instead of seeing her driver, she saw Hazik waiting for her. She looked back and saw Razia just a little far away. So she quickly sat in the car, not wanting to attract any attention.

Hazik greeted her with a small smile.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, looking outside.

"Can't I come see my wife?" He asked in a teasing tone.

She pressed her lips in a tight line and didn't say anything.

When they reached the Jahangir house, he went inside with her. Mrs. Jahangir made him sit and Zarmeenay sat along him.

She called a servant to get refreshments. They started talking.

"She is just like Aamiya. Stubborn and naive. Be patient with her, son." Mrs. Jahangir said to Hazik, while looking at Zarmeenay.

He could hear the worry in Mrs. Jahangir's tone. "Don't worry, Grandma. I will always take care of her." He said to her.

A month went on like this, him making excuses to see her. But living without her was becoming more and more difficult for him. His restlessness was serving to make him more ruthless.

"What's wrong?" His father decided to ask him.

Hazik looked at his father. The darkness was still surrounding him. He had just come back from torturing a man who had betrayed him. He was more pain-inflicting than ever.

"I want her here in this house." He spoke.

Aamir Sheraazi sighed. "We told them that the Rukhsati won't be done until she completes her education."

"I don't care." His son said darkly and got up to leave. He made his way to Zarmeenay's place, even though it was late at night.