17

Editing Credits: RedCross178

The party was arranged by the Sheraazi family, in their mansion. A great deal of guests were invited, the security being really strict with guards circling the perimeters. Zarmeenay was a little startled seeing all of it. She fidgeted and asked her grandfather, “Pa, why is there so much security?”

“Security is important for them. Don’t you worry, Aamir Sheraazi is a good friend. He has been handling our business since we left.” Her grandfather spoke as they left the car.

There were a lot of people at the party and it made Zarmeenay uncomfortable. She told her grandparents she needed to use the restroom, when really she wanted to get away from all the prying eyes. She asked a passing waiter for directions and followed what he told her. The mansion was very beautiful, and very big indeed. So big, she couldn’t help but get lost. When she saw no way of finding her way, she decided to ask for help. She suddenly saw a guy in the corridor, talking on the phone.

“Hey!” She called, to get his attention. When he turned around, time stopped for her. She noticed that the guy in front of her was very handsome. With dark hair and even darker eyes, and a light stubble coating his face. But his eyes held a hardness, and the clenched jaw made her reconsider her decision of calling out his attention.

Hazik wasn’t any better, the angel in front of him took his breath away. She looked very young, with a brown mass of beautiful curls on her head. She had flawless milky skin, with striking blue eyes to match and pink, inviting lips. She had on a floral dress, cinched at the waist but not molding to her body. She barely reached his shoulder and an air of innocence surrounded her. “What is an angel doing here?” was the first thought to cross his mind. His face remained blank, unlike his thoughts.

When Hazik saw her getting nervous, he asked. “Yes?”

“Um, do you know where I can find a restroom?” She asked, not looking into his eyes.

Haik gave her directions and she left quickly, as if wanting to vanish from his sight as soon as possible. A small smile came around his lips, “She is here, I will see her soon.” He thought and went to where his parents were.

Hazik found his parents talking to an old couple. “Hazik, come meet Mr. and Mrs. Jahangir.” His father called him over.

“Haven’t you brought Zarmeenay along?” Aamir Sheraazi asked.

“Zarmeenay?” Rikza questioned.

“Aamiya and Asfand’s daughter.” Aamir replied. He had met the ambitious Asfand quite a few times, he liked him a lot.

“Oh, I remember her. She was a beautiful girl, with her mother’s looks. The last time I saw her was when she was 4., a gorgeous doll she was.” His mother said excitedly. But then her face fell as she continued. “Her parents passed away a year later. I still remember how Amiya and Asfand were always together.” She said with a sad, fond smile.

“Zarmeenay is like Aamiya in nature too. It worries us sometimes, that she doesn’t have an Asfand to protect her.” Hazik was listening to them talk, but his mind was on his angel. “No girl can be more beautiful than she is.” He thought and smiled inwardly.

--------------

Assalam u Alaikum friends! How was the update .

Do comment and share your views .