21

Editing Credits: RedCross178

Zarmenay wasn't able to sleep for the remainder of the night. By morning, she decided to stay strong and not buckle under him.

"He can't do anything." She repeated to herself again and again, even though she knew she was lying to herself.

She left for her university after breakfast. With every passing minute, her panic increased. She also noticed a car following her all day, the men were dressed in all black as they were the Sheraazi guards.

At night, she locked her windows and her door before going to sleep. She was disturbed throughout the night, anticipating something bad to happen.

The next day was the same with the car following her, the worry she had had started to take its toll on her.

It was the third night after his visit at night. The constant watch on her made it difficult for her to go out.

She was in the restroom, she came out only to see Hazik sitting on her bed and the window wide open.

"What did I tell you?" He looked at her intently. His cold voice made shivers run down her spine.

"Leave." She demanded, putting on a brave face.

Hazik stood up and started stalking towards her. She walked back until her back hit the wall and he caged her in with his arms. Their proximity was making it hard for her to breathe. Her long eyelashes curtained her eyes from his view.

"I could take you away without leaving any evidence behind. Would you like that? Would your grandparents be able to handle the news of you vanishing?" He whispered dangerously in her ear. He gently caressed her cheek, making her look at him in shock. The intensity of his gaze froze her, she was unable to look anywhere else.

"Why are you doing this? What have I ever done to you, you beast?!" She asked in a hushed voice, tears filling her eyes.

"I love you. So, just try to accept the circumstances. You are only worrying yourself, nothing else. Just do as I say, it will make things easier." His heart hurt seeing her in pain, but he didn't show it.

Zarmeenay was already at her breaking point. She started crying and hiccuping.

"*hitch* I don't want to *hitch* marry you. *hitch* I don't want to leave Ma and Pa." She said, her lips quivering.

Hazik pulled her into his arms without thinking and started soothing her.

"Only the Nikah will be done now. I'm not taking you anywhere right now. Just be my wife, I won't force you to do anything afterwards." He said.

An idea crossed her brain, "Promise? You won't force me to do anything again?" She asked, pulling away.

Hazik smiled, knowing how her brain was working. "I promise." He said and took her to bed by her arm.

"Sleep now. I will send Mom and Dad tomorrow to finalize the dates." He told her and left.

Zarmeenay smiles, thinking about her plan.

"I will do the Nikah, but won't agree for the Rukhsati. He will be tired, trying to take me home. But he promised me, so there won't be forcing of any kind."