15

Editing Credits: RedCross178

“Why are you doing all this?” Asfand kept talking, until he was sure that on one was left in the room.

“The Government should listen to us.” Was all they said before raising their gun at him. Asfand smiled, knowing very well what was about to happen. He knew there was nothing to stop it, so he just accepted it.

He was shot in the shoulder, in his legs, ribs and close to his heart. The last thing he saw before his vision went dark was Aamiya.

A few minutes later, the Army started attacking the terrorists. They were taken down and the injured victims were taken to the hospital. An officer saw that Asfand was still barely breathing, and rushed him to the hospital. But knew that there was no chance of his return.

When the hospital called Aamiya, she fell unconscious. Her mother called the ambulance for her. Hell had broken down on the family. Asfand was in the hospital and Aamiya refused to come around. Aamiya was taken into the ambulance where her nose started bleeding, the nurses gave her first aid but to no avail.

Asfand passed away right after, in the hospital.

5 minutes later, Aamiya’s heart gave up and the doctors pronounced her dead. She had a brain hemorrhage and a heart attack at the same time. The doctors were shocked to see someone so young die like that. 

It was as if Hell had befallen Aamiya’s parents. Both their children, Asfand and Aamiya, were dead. It proved difficult for them to handle Zarmeenay.

-----------------

Aamiya’s grave was beside Asfand’s. Zarmeenay was visiting her parents, with her grandparents. Tears filled her doe eyes, and she turned to her grandfather. 

“I know Dad died a martyr. But why did Allah have to take Mom too?” she asked, sobbing.

Her Grandfather picked her up, “Allah does everything for a reason, He doesn’t give us more pain than we can bear. He knew that your mother won’t be able to survive without your father, so He took her as well.” 

Tears fell from Aamiya’s mother’s eyes constantly. She had never thought that her children would lead a life of so little time. But there was also peace, knowing they were together. She couldn’t have imagined the pain of one if the other had gone.

Do tell me how was it ? Do you like it or not?

If you want zarmeenay's story then do tell 🙂🙂🙂