Be My New Addiction

Adelaides POV

Time jump (120 days later; 4 months)

Last day of rehab; Tuesday Jan 29th

I'm so excited to finally be going back home...
The first few weeks were incredibly hard, detoxing this time was the worst one I've ever experienced... i honestly thought I was going to die.. I never want to put myself in that situation again.. And I'm so ashamed of myself for falling back into old habits, but I've got 4 months under my belt now, and I know I can do it this time. I am stronger than I was the last time. And nothing is going to stop me.

I've missed my pups so bad, and of course I've missed Demi as well..

After two weeks of intense detox, Demi came in to visit me, every Tuesday and Thursday, she was here. She even printed out some pictures of herself, and the pups so I could tape them onto my bedroom wall. That made me feel less alone, and I'm so happy that she has stuck by my side..

Demi told me last Thursday that classes for this semester were finally over. And that she had put in her two weeks notice at the college.
She got offered her old job back, and she jumped at the offer. It's one that she truly enjoys doing, working for a recording label. Which I had absolutely no idea that she could even sing. But it's honestly amazing that she'll be doing what she loves again. She told me that after she relapsed last year, once again, I had no idea she had a past with drugs as well which makes me feel like shit for even having that stuff where she could've easily found it. Anyways, she said that after she relapsed she broke her contract to take some time finding herself again. And that's why she decided to become a professor for a while doing something she enjoyed and wasn't too demanding for her like her last job. But she said she finally feels ready to get back into the studio and I'm very proud of her for that. I'm also extremely proud that she has 6 months sober now. I do feel horrible for leaving her side when she was barely getting out of rehab herself, because that's the time when you desperately need someone's support. But I know that together we can get through this.
She won't start that job until 4 weeks so we have that time to be together and just spend time with each other again. Which I desperately need after being away from her for 4 months.

She said that currently she is just working on writing some songs that will hopefully make it onto her next album. And I'm honestly so excited to listen to her past albums and to get to listen to her singing to me everyday.

I love to sing too, but god knows I'm no where good enough to ever be signed to a record label. I hide my voice and tend to just sing while I'm alone. No one would ever want to hear me.

I finish packing my bag, taking some of my clothes, and cigarettes I had left in the locker, and I decided to leave my shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, some clothes, some socks and a few packs of cigarettes for my new roommate Jenny. She doesn't have much, and she has no family here in LA. Which is hard, I know that better than anyone. She was very happy at my gesture and gave me a huge hug as I grabbed my bag and walked towards the nurses station. 

My old roommate Marcella and I became pretty close and she gave me her cellphone number so we could keep in touch. A few other people here also gave me their numbers and I'm super excited.

Michelle gave me some papers to sign then Amber came up behind us

"Demi is here, is she ready to go?" Michelle nodded and then gave me a big hug before I walked out of the unit doors with Amber.
We walked down the long hallway finally reaching the big doors that are always locked in case someone tries to run. I took a deep breath as Amber places her badge onto the sensor next to the door, the doors shooting open revealing an excited and crying Demi behind them. I dropped my bag as I ran towards her and she picked me up in her arms, holding me for a couple minutes as she kisses my lips softly and desperately. Holding onto me for dear life.