Chapter Eighteen - A Night to Remember

I wait in Benjamin's office as he conducts his meeting. I've never been in Benjamin's office before seeing as he has started the firm when I wasn't in town.

His office seems quite minimalistic, but I like it. Benjamin told me to wait for him here, but it's been about an hour since the meeting started and I'm getting bored. I walk out of his office and look around. The office is mainly open spaced and I can see the employees clicking away on the computers. I pass by some offices as well until I reach a glass walled conference room.

I watch Benjamin as he sits at the head of the table. He looks so powerful and confident. I stare at him with a smile on my face. I've never seen him in action before. Benjamin probably could feel eyes on him because he looks up at me. I stupidly wave at him like a small girl.

You're such an idiot! I tell myself as my face heats up and I quickly go back to his office. I take a seat on the couch and my eyes start drooping. Before I know it I have fallen asleep.

I wake up to sounds of ticking on the keyboard. Opening my eyes, I notice I'm not in familiar surroundings.

"Have a good sleep?" I hear Benjamin ask me.

I turn towards him and notice that's he's staring at me with an amused smile on his face. "How long have I been sleeping?" I ask him

He looks at his watch." For a couple of hours." It's 7:30 right now."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." My face reddens. "I guess I felt tired and fell asleep."

"It's fine." He shrugs. "I got to finish up some work." I nod still feeling a bit ashamed. He shuts down his computer and stands up. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yes. Yes."

As we make our way out of the building I notice that everyone else has gone home. All the computers are shut down. Even the lights are off.

"Do you stay late all the time?" I ask him. "Or is it a rare occurrence because I slept?"

He presses the elevator button then looks at me. "I'm always the last one to leave and sometimes I don't even go home if there's a really tough case that I'm working on."

"Oh." I look at him surprised. I knew he worked hard, but I didn't really know the extent of it, it seems.

The elevator dings announcing its arrival. Benjamin leads me inside with his hand behind my back. The warmth of his hand makes me want more from him. Even though I've been alone on several occasion with him since my arrival back to town, for some reason I feel confined in this space.

Benjamin throws glances my way then I hear him mutter fuck it before I'm being pushed against the elevator wall.

Benjamin's mouth is instantly on mine and he licks my lips asking for entrance which I grant him. His hands roam over my body while I wrap mine around his neck.

The elevator dings pulling us apart. We're both panting, our breath intermingling as we stare at each other. Benjamin's hands are on my cheek as he looks deep into my eyes. There's something in his gaze, a longing that goes deeper than simple lust.

"What are you doing to me?" He whispers and I have to strain my ear to hear him.

He grabs my hand as we make our way to his car. The warmth of his hand feels so good against mine. I don't want him to ever let go. The drive home is silent. We don't discuss the kiss, and that's good because I don't know what to think of it. The drive is short, and soon Benjamin is parked in front of my house.

I'm quiet for a moment before I ask. "Do you want to come in?"

I put the kettle on and change into some comfy loungewear. By the time I come out, Benjamin has already poured the tea into two mugs and is waiting or me in the living room.

"You changed." He states the obvious with a smile.

"I did." I say as I grab a mug and take a sip. He still knows how I take it.

"Two spoons of sugar.' He tells me with a smirk.

"You remember." I take another sip.

"I never forget anything when it comes to you." His voice is soft and low.

Benjamin takes a sip of his own tea as well. We're both dancing round the subject that we need to discuss. I don't even know where to begin. I have no idea if it's appropriate to discuss it right now or if the timing's wrong. However I am more than relieved when Benjamin speaks first.

"About the kiss." He trails off as he stares at the tea as if it's the most interesting thing. I make a humming voice urging him to continue. "I'm not going to apologize for it." He tells me.

Who said anything about apologizing? I wanted it and I enjoyed it just as much as he did. "I wasn't waiting for an apology." I tell him.

"Well, that's good." He sighs in relief. "I've been wanting to do that ever since the first time I saw you, but all you ever do is make me angry." He tells me.

I smile cheekily at him and he instantly stand ups. He comes to where I'm sitting and grabs the mug from my hand. He places it on the coffee table while I look at him with confusion written all over my face. He turns back around and leans down so that he's level with me.

He stares at my lips before looking into my eyes. "Don't smile cheekily at me." He whispers.

"What are you going to do about it?" I ask him daringly. I'm playing with fire and I know it. I just hope that I won't get burned in the end.

He captures my lips with his and kisses me so sensually. I lean back into the sofa as he presses his body weight against me.

"Tell me you don't want this." He whispers as he breaks the kiss, but I can't say that because it would be a lie. "Tell me to stop." I won't.

Benjamin hooks his arms under my knees and picks me up. "Where's your bedroom?" He asks and I point toward the room on the right. He makes his way there and pushes the door open with his foot.

He lays me down gently on the bed and just stands there staring at me. For a moment I think he has changed his mind, but I'm proven wrong when he starts walking towards me like a predator coming for his prey. He lays on top of me and steadies himself on his elbows, careful to not put much of his weight on me.

"Are you sure, Rosa?" He asks me. No matter what the situation is, Benjamin is always making sure that I'm comfortable. He is always a gentleman.

"Positive." I assure him.

It's all the confirmation he needs as he starts to slowly undress me. My hands go to his shirt as I unbutton them one by one revealing his sculpted abs. oh god how I miss this body of his.

My arms fold around his neck, embracing him, and my breasts push against his chest. Benjamin kisses me as he uses his knees to spread open my thighs. He slides his hand into my hair and cradles the back of my head. Then, he begins to push inside my body.
I tear my mouth away from him, my breath coming in soft pants against his ear. "I want you," I whispers, my legs coming up to clasp his hips. The movement brings him deeper into me. Our bodies strain together on the bed, wet sheets tangling around our limbs as I lose myself in him. He thrusts deeper into me until I feel like we're fusing together, melding into one another. I reach my peak first and release a strangled cry as I bite his shoulder in the throes of my orgasm, Benjamin is there as well, shuddering over me.

Breathing harshly, He sinks down on top of me. Every muscle in my body is shaking from the force of my release. After a few moments, Benjamin rolls over onto his back, pulling me to lie on top of him. I press my left cheek against his chest and close my eyes as let sleep take over my body.

**********
Remember to vote, share, comment, recommend, add ' Rewrite the Stars' to your reading list, and follow. :)