Chapter 12

"Damn it." Slender growled, watching Toby carry Hadley, who passed out, to his room. She might be attacked and who knows how long she'd be asleep.

"Barely know her, but I hope she'll okay." Offender said, frowning. "Might be instinct."

"We need to hurry this up." Slender said, turning around to head to his office.

"Yep, let's go."

"..NoT mY fAuLt LiTtLe BaBy CaN't HaNdLe PaIn."

In an instant, Slender teleported to this voice, startling it. It hissed and backed itself out the window, a tendrils hurrying to catch it, but it turned into shadowy wisps.

"What the hell was that?" Offender asked, reaching to touch one of the lingering strands.

"Don't touch it." Slender warned, his hand pulling back. "That creature, I can't quite explain. Humans around a few hundred years ago called it Maura, meaning dark."

"Does it have a gender?" Offender asked.

"Of course you would ask that, but what I would understand, that it one day crawled out of the shadows and it has no gender or true name, but its adopted one." Slender said. "It tends to stay in the shadows of my forest. It's like an unwanted parasite."

"Okay. I lost interest." Offender said, making Slender 'face'palm. "But what is it doing here?

"I don't know." Three words that Slender hated.

. . . . .

"You've gone and ruined it all, you pathetic creature!" The other snarled, not loosening the hold on its neck.

Rather, everything hurt on its thin and dark body. "'Ve D DoNe NoThInG. ShOuLdN't HaVe Be BeEn ThE-AAAARGH!" It screeched, its tolerance of the pain ceasing as it doubled over and held its head, its black, scraggly hair beginning to fall off.

The other watched in mild amusement, but not fully satisfied. This was its fault, it interrupted when the baby could've been purified and taken back with them.

This was not the other's fault, was not to be blamed, how dare that thing even suggest it!

When the other was done, it was going to wish it could die.

. . . . .

Hadley was having a nightmare, that was clear as crystal.

Toby could only watch as she writhed weakly, unknowing of what to do or how to help.

He groaned, standing up and pacing a bit. Why didn't Slender give him more specific orders? Granted he wouldn't be able to follow them as smoothly as Masky, but he could try!

"She alright?" Jeff asked, popping in and looking at her. "Hey, what's wrong with her?"

"N nightmare." Toby answered.

"Go lay by her then, that might calm her." Jeff said, scowling and looking at him like he was an idiot.

"B but-"

"Just do it, don't care if you don't want to." Jeff said, leaving before he could try to protest more.

Toby sighed, going to her and moving his blanket so he could do as Jeff said. Why was he even listening to the killer?? It's not like it would wo-

Oh. Okay, it is working.

Hadley stopped writhing completely and her breathing became even, more relaxed as she moved to get closer to the object of comfort.

Toby smiled and closed his eyes as well, missing the point of guarding her and soon fell asleep by her.

"F*cking idiot." Jeff grumbled, watching him fall asleep. "Supposed to stay awake."

He took out his knife, laying it next to him as he decided to stay guard out here while the two got their beauty sleep.

Jeff was not really an idiot, he knew that ticking moron had a crush on Hadley, the girl also favoring him out of any of the Pastas.

He also knew that he wouldn't really have any chance, so decided to be the helpful one for once, get over his obsessive side, and give them a little push.

Plus, he could tease her a lot and blackmail even.

____________________

A possible romance? Is that so typical?

And, y'know, if some people are around, watching a little girl grow up and being like family, who wouldn't become fond of that little girl?

Well, Masky probably doesn't like her too much though.

Vote and Comment!