Chapter 20: Snake Eyes

Start from the beginning

You heard a deep sigh leave his lips as his hands roe to your shoulders, gently pushing you away from him.

"What are you doing?" He asked sternly.

You tilted your head in confusion, your blue orbs searching his face for some sort of meaning behind his words.

"Um, hugging you?"

He shook his head, and pinched the bridge of his nose, his handsome features falling into a look of annoyance.

"I mean, what are you doing here? Outside the palace? You should be in there, preparing for your trial."

Your eyebrows furrowed as you stared at him.

"You know about that?"

He nodded, running a hand through his raven locks.

"I know about everything. I've been watching you since you arrived here."

You didn't know why, but you suddenly weren't so happy to see him anymore.

If he had been watching you this whole time, then he would have seen the way you were being treated, he would have seen the constant harassment you were being forced to endure, he would have seen Jimin's death.....

"Why are you here?" You asked, a cold tone lacing your voice.

Writer's eyes met yours, multiple emotions swimming in them as he stared at you blankly.

"I came to stop you." He stated bluntly. "You cannot leave."

Your eyes widened.

You couldn't leave? You most certainly could. This was your life and you were done throwing everything away just because someone up there screwed up and only made one of you.

You released a scoff.

"I can. And I will. I'm done playing this game. I want to go back to Yoongi and the others. I want my family back."

Writer's face was easily described as unamused and angered by your words. Nothing about him seemed to be in the mood to be defied.

"You gave me your word. This is your destiny! You cannot back out of it now just because you are feeling homesick!"

"It's my life!" You screamed angrily. "I'm exhausted. I'm tired. You don't even know the hell that I have been through!"

"I do!" He yelled. "I've been watching, remember?!"

"Then you know what's on the line here!" You said. "You know that if I go back into that palace, my life is over! I can't preform a miracle, Writer! We both know that!"

He nods.

"Yes. I know that."

"Then what am I supposed to do?!"

Your heart accelerated as he sighed out. It was as if you already knew what he was going to say. The way he slowly moved his eyes to meets yours, the sad look that overcame his entire face, a look of pity and slight remorse.

"You need to stay, Y/n." He breathed. "No matter what."

Your heart leaped into your throat as anxiety slowly began to encompass your mind. Was he really asking you to go back and become a slave to that-that monster!?

"D-Do you know what you're asking me to do?" You asked silently.

Writer nodded his head, his eyes slowly moving away from yours.

"I do."

You swallowed hard, your eyes beginning to sting with fresh tears. He was the one person you could count on, the one person who understood what you were going through. He had brought you here and promised to look after you, and yet he was sending you back into the lion's den, just so some stupid story could be completed. He didn't really care about you. All he wanted was to finish his job.