Work and Exploration

When I came downstairs, Arthur was in a business suit and was in front of a mirror straightening his black tie. He turned towards me and smiled lightly.

" I have work today, love. Feel free to stay here if you want." Arthur said, he came over towards me and cupped my cheeks in his slender hands.  He leaned down and caputerd my lips with his soft ones, we moved together in sync. Arthur pulled away and gave me a hug before he left.

" I'll be home around five." Arthur said as closed the door and locked it, I heard his car start and drive down the street.

I sighed as I sat down on the couch and rubbed my tired eyes. I sat up and walked to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal. As I was eating I heard a soft patter of what sounded like paws. I put my spoon down and pushed my seat outwards. I walked slowly to the kitchen doorway and looked out. I saw a Scottish fold sitting at the last step of the stairs, staring up at me with green eyes. I bent down and lightly scratched behind ita ears. It purred and leaned into my hand.

" Well aren't you a cutie." I said to the cat, I saw a collar around its neck and looked at the name

" Iggy, what a cute name." I said to him, I picked up Iggy and cuddled him up to my chest, he purred and snuggled into my breast area. I put him back down and went back into the kitchen and continued to eat my breakfast

After I was done eating, I washed out the bowl and spoon, leaving it to dry on the drying rack that was on the counter. I walked out and into the living room. I looked up the stairwell and saw another hallway. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back. So I decided to see what was down there, I mean Arthur said I could explore if I wanted to..so why not. I grabbed Iggy and held him in my arms. I walked up the wooden steps,  I made it to the landing on the top and instead of right I went left.

There were five doors, three on the right and two on the left. I went to the first one on the right,  I jiggled the doorknob and it opened with a light creak. I poked my head in and dust soon met my nostrils.  I walked in and flipped on the light switch,  it didn't work. I sighed and pulld out my phone, the light of it making it easier to see the dusty room. Iggy now being held by my left arm, meowed and stretched his tiny paws out. I  saw a sae full of boxes that a horder would be shocked.  I went to the first box that I saw. It was a small, dusty cardboard box,  with a name on the front of it. I wiped my hand over that one part a couple of times making the name clear. Alfred's stuff

" Alfred? Didn't Arthur say that he has a brother named Alfred? " I said to myself,  I put down Iggy as he scampered off out of the room. I opened the box to find comic books; mostly Captain America, Band posters and a few pictures of other people.

I opened another box that had Francis's stuff written in pretty cursive on the front. Inside contained dozens of well preserved roses, a little faded in color though, magazines I rather not say, and pictures of a trio. I stared at the picture.

" Gil?" I asked myself,  I wonder how Francis new my cousin?  I shook my head and closed the small box

I went to the last box that was on a shelf, it contained a small maple leaf, bottles of maple syrup and a picture of the same tall man from Alfred's box. I put the picture back and closed the top. I went back out into the hallway and closed the door. I went to the second door, I opened the door and saw that it was a bathroom, some dust from no use over the years. I closed the door and went to the third door. I jiggled the handle but it wouldn't budge, I sighed and went to the fourth room on the left. I opened the door and peeked inside, a queen sized bed stood on the far right with an American bedspread, a plush white carpet with some soda stains on it, a desk pushed in the far left corner with an computer sitting ontop it, an American flag stood right above the bed, proud and loud as my dad would say. I walked into the room and looked on the dresser that wS pushed up against the middle area of the left wall. I looked down at it as I saw pictures of Alfred and Arthur happy as can be, an arm slung over one another. I walked out of the room and closed th door.

I went to the other room, the last room, the fith room. I opened the door and a small quaint room that was painted a light brown with a small bed pushed up against the left wall, a desk against the right, shelves lining the walls filled with stuff animals and photographs.  On the wall above the desk was the Canadian flag. I walked out and closed the door. I went back down the stairs and looked at the time. My eyes widen in realization it was already four thirty.

" Wow, time flies when your exploring." I mumbled to myself,  a small chuckle escaping my lips. I walked to the kitchen and prepared some dinner for Arthur and I.

An hour later dinner was ready, I made a small salad, and some pizza to go with it. I wiped my flour dusted hands on a paper towel and sighed. I left the pizza in the oven so it wouldn't go cold. I sat on the couch and Iggy jumped up into my lap and curled into a little ball. I layed my head back and closed my eyes

So here you guys go, a nice long chapter for my absence!  Sorry about the long wait, been really busy with school stuff and