Dinner and phone calls

As Arthur was preparing dinner I decided to call my Aunt, letting her know that I would be spending Thanksgiving with someone else. As I dialed the last number on my phone it rung once and I heard my Aunts panicked voice over the line

" [Name] where are you?!? Are you kidnapped, did you get lost?!?" She practically yelled into my ear, causing me to place my phone away from my ear a bit. I chuckled a bit knowing that she would get like this.

" No Auntie, I'm fine. I was just letting you know that I'm not going to be home for Thanksgiving. " I said, as soon as she calmed down a bit so she could hear me.

" Oh and why is that?" She asked

" I found someone who invited me to dinner and it is too dark outside to walk home." I said, while walking over to the window looking out and seeing that it is has become in fact too dark out to walk alone.

" Oh alright, just make sure that you be home tomorrow. Alright?  Love you." She said and I said a quick love ya too before she hung up. I put my phone back into my jean pocket and walked over to where the kitchen was. I peeked in and saw Arthur trying to read a recipe of some sorts. I walked over to him quietly.

" Do you need help?" I asked, he jumped at my voice. He turned towards me, clutching his chest.

"  N-no, you are my guest, so you should just...just relax." Arthur stuttered out after he regained his composure. I looked at him with a cocked eyebrow.

" Are you sure? I wouldn't mimd helping you out." I said, but before he could say anything thing more I took the recipe out of his hands and read it over.

  3 pound broiler-fryer chicken, cut up

  2 cups of water

  1/2 teaspoon salt

  1/4 teaspoon pepper

  Dash of ground red pepper ( cayenne)

  2 cans ( 16 ounces each) frozen corn or 1 can ( 17 ounces) whole kernel corn, ungrained

  1 package ( 10 ounces ) frozen lima beans or 1 can ( 16 ounces ) lima beans, undrained

  1 meduim potato, cubed ( about 1 cup )

  1 meduim onion, chopped ( about 1/2 cup )

  1/2 cup water

  2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

" All right Arthur, you take half and I will take half, okay?" I said, looking back at Arthur.  He nodded and we got to work. As soon as we started oir areas of preparation I saw that Arthur was having trouble with his portion of the recipe.

" Do you need any help, Arthur?" I asked, looking up from cutting the potatoe.

" M-maybe?" He questioned, rubbing the back of his neck.

  " I'll be right there." I said and I put down the butchers knife and walked over to where Arthur was at. He was having trouble cutting up the chicken, so I took his hand that had the knife in it with my own hand and sliced up the chicken slowly. I didn't notice but Arthur was blushing madly as soon as our hands touched. I as well had a slight blush on my cheeks. When I cut up a few slices, I let Arthur take over. When I let go of our hands Arthur grabbed my wrist. I looked at him surprised at the sudden action, he still had a blush on his face but it went down slightly.

" A-Arthur, w-what are yo..."

  " [Name] e-ever since I met you this m-morning my heart has been beating fast, you are one of t-the most beautiful women I have ever had laid eyes on." Arthur said, by then I was a blushing mess and so was he.

" A-Arthur, I-I don't know what to say." I said, looking down. Arthur pulled me closer to him and wrapped one of his arms around my waist. I blushed more at the close proximity of our faces and bodies, we were almost touching noses. Arthur took a lock of my hair and put it behind my ear, then trailing his hand down my face to cup , my cheek. He rubbed his thumb over my cheek, near my lips. My cheeks were burning under his touch. He smiled, slightly pulling my face closer to his. We both closed our eyes as our lips met. It was the most wonderful feeling in the world.  I parted my lips and his tongue entered my mouth, I moaned when it ran across mine.  Soon we were in a tounge battle, which he won and explored his new territory to claim his own. We parted and I was left with an empty feeling, missing his lips on mine. We looked at each other but quickly blushed and looked away.

" So how about we coutunie cooking okay, love?" Arthur said. I just nodded and we got back to work. Our kiss replaying over and over again in my mind.