Nightmares and Breakfast

After we finished watching the movie Arthur decided to let me sleep over for the night, but a question has been nagging me ever since I saw the portrait of Arthur and his brothers. If they are family then why aren't they here with Arthur? Oh well, I guess I could ask him when I get the chance. Since I didn't prepare to sleep over somebody's else's house I didn't have pajamas, I mean who goes for a walk with their sleep ware? So Arthur let me borrow one of his shirts for the night, it was a long sleeved button up blue shirt that went past my mid thigh. I got under the covers that had the British flag on it, and shifted my position so that I was laying on my side facing the window. I closed my eyes and let my dreams play.

                                         Dreamland

I was running but I don't know where I was going or who I was running from, all I knew is that I had to get away. I looked around my surroundings and saw that I was, what looked like, in a forest that went on for ages. I heard growling from behind and quickened my pace, by now I was breathing heavily and my legs felt like cement.  I turned around to see who or what I was running from, but saw nothing just trees and darkness. I turned around and froze, in front of me was a tall man who's face was sunken in, an evident frown on his face, and anger in his blackened eyes, tattered clothing and a stench that was unbearable that I had to cover my nose with my arm. He said something in German, but it was hard to understand since this thing was growling with every word it said, but it sounded something like,

" .....wake.....up......thing.......room......" 

Now I know that may seem weird as to what it said but that sentence as you may call it scared me enough to run the other way and never looking back. I felt hands grab at me, pulling me down to the ground, ripping at my clothes.  One of the hands placed itself over my eyes but as it covered them I saw the man hover over me, a smirk playing on its sunken in face.

                                                Reality

I woke up in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. I looked around the room in rapidly, searching for anything that could cause me any harm. Once I saw nothing of the sorts, I flopped down back on the white lacy pillow. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the alarm clock on the night stand that was next to the bed. 4:50 am. I wiped my forehead, ridding it of sweat.  I closed my eyes in hopes of trying to fall back asleep, as I fell asleep I heard a soft patter of foot steps going down the hallway.

I woke up to the sunlight shinning down from the window. I blinked my eyes a couple of times to get the sleep out of them. I sat up and stretched my arms above my head, and wiggled my toes around some. I yawned and slipped out of bed. When my bare feet met the cold wooden floor I instantly woke up from the shock it sent through my body. I walked over to the bedroom door, opened it and walked down the hallway, past Arthur's room and down the caperted stairs. I smelt a vulgar smell coming from the kitchen and immediately ran to see what was happening. When I got there I saw Arthur in a light green apron fanning a smoking oven, he pulled out a tray of burnt things, he was coughing as he was closing the oven door. He looked up when he noticed me and jumped in shock.

" O-oh, good morning, love! H-how are you?" He asked coming over towards me and giving me a hug, I hugged back still looking at the tray of burnt treats.

" Um Arthur, what are those things on the tray?" I asked, releasing myself from the hug and walking over to the tray and pointing at one. Arthur rubbed the back of his neck and put on a awkward smile, he came over and picked one up.

" Well they are supposed to be scones." He said, he took a bite out of the 'scone' and immediately spit it out, a disgusted look on his face.

" Bloody hell." Arthur mumbled and placed the scone back on the tray. I felt sorry for the guy, couldn't even cook to save his life.

" How about we just have cereal?" I suggested, making my way over to a cabinet and pulling out two bowls. I placed them on the table near a window over looking a beautiful garden.

" Ok, love." Arthur said getting some milk and [random cereal nam] and pouring both into the bowls. He put the milk away and sat down. I got the spoons and handed one to him in which he muttered a 'thank you'. I sat down and we quietly ate our breakfast.

  Suddenly I remembered the question that I was going to ask Arthur yesterday.

" Arthur not to be rude or anything, but if you have brothers then why aren't they spending Thanksgiving with you?" I asked as I put the spoon down on the napkin that was next to my bowl. Arthur stopped in mid-air as he was about to eat another spoonful.  He looked at me and closed his mouth, tears brimming his eyes.

" B-because they moved out and....and I haven't h-heard from them in about four years." Arthur said whispering, he hung his head down tears coming freely out of his emerald green eyes rolling down his pale cheeks. I pushed my chair out and ran over to Arthur and hugged him tight, rubbing his back soothingly. I put my chin on top of his head as he clung on to dear life as he sobbed into his shirt, that I was wearing, he was shaking like a dog during a thunderstorm.

" I'm so sorry Arthur. I didn't know, I didn't mean to get into your personal business.  It's gonna be alright, just let it all out." I whispered to him.

  After a while Arthur calmed down and he looked me in the eye, rubbing hiw eyes of any stray tears.

" It's not your fault [Name], you didn't know." Arthur said, smiling one of his genuine smiles.

"Your not mad?" I asked.

" Not one bit." Arthur said pecking my cheek, making both of our face redden a bit.

Hope you guys enjoyed!  Thank you for reading!