Surprise

The carriage that Princess and her companions rode, slowly went inside a dark and damp tunnel. Light orbs were needed to light the way.

Tanya, with weapon in hand, was sitting across Princess in the carriage. Her eyes were focused on Princess and her senses were on high alert. As for Jarred, also with weapon in hand, was sitting beside the coachman outside.

The atmosphere was tense and Princess could slowly feel the temperature dropping. She closed her eyes and gripped her staff as she gathered the magic within her body.

[Blessing]

After Princess chanted the spell, the bodies of the coachman, Jarred and Tanya glowed.

This should provide increase in their attack power and reinforce their defense.

"Thank you my lady," Tanya smiled and how grateful she was to have a benevolent and thoughtful master.

"They finally noticed us!" Jarred shouted.

Princess could now see several fireballs passing the sides of the carriage while the other fireballs were deflected by Jarred using his sword.

"Shouldn't you go out and help him?" Princess' voice was tainted with worry.

"No need my lady. If he can't defend the carriage with those measly attacks then he wouldn't be called an elite knight of the Bonneville family," Tanya's reply was straightforward leaving Princess speechless.

"Stop! If you dare to advance further then we will not hesitate to obliterate all of you!" a man's raspy voice echoed within the tunnel.

Their carriage stopped and she heard the coachman and Jarred got off the carriage.

Princess wore a cloak to hide her face from the slave traders and went out with the help of Tanya.

"Oh my, what do we have here? Do you even know what you're dealing with?" the man dressed in a gaudy attire sneered.

"Haha, at the very least, I know that we are talking to trashes of this society," Jarred's smile was wicked.

Hmm? Isn't Jarred supposed to be a carefree type?

Princess was quite astonished with the personality gap.

"I wonder what's delaying them," Princess mumbled as she gazed at the opposite side of the tunnel.

"Kill the men, leave the ladies for us to add in our merchandise," the gaudy man commanded his seven subordinates.

Fire, water and wind attacks were surging towards Princess and her companions.

[Fos Dome] Princess' spell created a dome-like light barrier protecting her and her companions from the attack.

"Wew~" Jarred whistled in admiration. "As expected of the daughter of the heaven's demon, you're a newbie in magic but you already conjured a spell that can deflect mid-tier magic."

After the attacks subsided, the dome disappeared and Tanya took that opportunity to take out two of the enemies with her daggers.

[Gust] Jarred enchanted a spell creating a whirlwind of wind towards the enemy. He also rushed forward with sword in hand slashing the enemies. The coachman joined in the fray after Jarred.

The gaudy man's knees lost their strength and he sat on the floor as he watched in horror as his subordinates die one-by-one. Then he felt something cold touch his neck.

"If you dare move then you'll lose your neck," Tanya's cold and indifferent voice caused the gaudy man to tremble in fear.

Princess sighed in relief knowing the fight has ended then she heard a sound of incoming people riding on horses coming from the opposite side of the tunnel. These were the knights that were informed about the transport of slaves.

The group was composed with ten knights and they stopped the moment they got near the caravan. The man leading the knights got off of his horse and walked towards Tanya and the gaudy man.

"I am Ron Lice, the captain of the second squad, in-charge of guarding the gates," the man announced in a loud voice.

"Looks like the surprise attack wasn't timed well," Jarred commented as he laughed in a carefree tone.

A surprise attack was what Princess had in mind. Their carriage would block the entrance path of the tunnel while the knights would block of the exit. The aim was supposed to cage the caravan in between the Bonneville Family's carriage and the Leaf Town's knights.

"Feel free to get this scum of-" Before Tanya could finish speaking, a sword was making its way to her neck.

Though the sudden attack was fast, Tanya's reflexes were much faster. She managed to dodge the attack but she had to separate from the captured slave trader.

"It is still a surprise, for YOU that is," the captain smiled wickedly as he looked at the group of Princess.

"Hahaha! Looks like you people dug your own graves!" the gaudy man laughed like a maniac the moment he realized that the odds were now in his favor.

The knights who were with the captain snickered and some looked at Tanya with their lecherous gaze.

"Do you like the surprise now, young lady of the Bonneville family?" the captain asked with ridicule in his voice.

He continued, "What a cruel fate for the Bonneville family to lose their only child."

Indeed, fate is cruel.

Princess slowly took off her cloak and looked at the captain.

The mock on the captain's face was replaced with a stunned expression when he saw Princess.

He had heard of rumors about the young daughter of the Bonneville Family. Princess Bonneville, like her name, she was like a princess that with her beauty she can make people bow down to her. Though still a child, she was like a budding rose, so exquisite and delicate; a visage of gentle love.

But the Princess in front of him now held a cold gaze that could freeze even the hottest magma.

"Like what you said Captain Lice, I am the daughter of the Bonneville Family. Funny, you seem to forgot WHO are the Bonneville Family," a cold chuckle escaped from the rosy lips of Princess.

The captain was still trying to comprehend the words of Princess in his mind when he heard screams from behind him and then the smell of blood spread throughout the tunnel.

With ferocity in her voice, Princess spoke...

"I AM A BONNEVILLE, PRINCESS BONNEVILLE. I WON'T BE DEFEATED BY PESTS LIKE YOU."