6. How to be strong

Princess awoke in a familiar room.

It was her bedroom, she was back to the Bonneville manor.

"Mommy!" Princess shouted as she shot up from her bed while her body was slightly trembling and her face pale.

Tanya immediately stopped her from leaving the bed in return; she was going to relay to Princess what happened after she fainted.

"The attacker was hiding above a tree and concealed his presence very well. After attacking the Mistress, he killed his companion who we captured and then killed himself." Tanya's face contorted in frustration and anger.

With clenched fists, Tanya continued.

"The coachman had sent a distress message to both the house of the Duke and the Godwin manor through a magic scroll. Both responded by sending a magical carriage, so Johnson was sent home while my lady and Mistress were sent back to the Bonneville manor."

Princess suddenly grabbed the sleeve of Tanya. Impatience and worry made her eyes watery and red.

Tanya understood what Princess really wanted to know so she cut the chase, "Mistress was heavily wounded but she is still alive. Unfortunately, she is now in a state of coma."

Coma...

That heart-wrenching word resounded in her head many times. She slowly released her grip on Tanya's sleeves.

Tanya was expecting for Princess to cry her eyes out or fight her way to see her mother but instead, she saw the eyes of Princess dimmed. It was as if life had left Princess.

"Leave me alone," Princess ordered in a tone void of any emotion.

Tanya bowed and went out of the room.

Princess looked up and stared at the ceiling. The painted stars of her ceiling were now like her eyes, so beautiful yet had lost the glimmer.

Inevitable...

Are the tragedies coming to my life inevitable?

Can't I change my life for the better by changing my decisions?

Princess clenched her fists in vexation. She could taste iron from her lower lip that she was biting.

Despite feeling her wobbly knees, she got off her bed and went to see her reflection on the large mirror.

I'm weak...

Too weak to protect the people I love and too weak to fight fate so I may change my life.

At this rate, I will stay being a damsel in distress.

How I loathe myself for being weak!

With her eyes closed and creased brows, she could once again feel the dark emotion called hatred. It was slowly growing within her.

*lub-dub*

She suddenly felt a surge of unknown force in her body.

When she opened her eyes, she saw in the mirror that her purple eyes were glowing and streaks of dark light appeared on her hands like small bolts of lightning.

For the first time, she was enlightened about something and before she knew it, her body had already taken off running out of her room and towards her parents' bedroom.

Tanya wanted to stop her but she noticed something peculiar upon the body of Princess so she just silently followed behind.

Dyle's eyes widened in astonishment when he saw his daughter burst into the room unannounced but what shocked him the most was that he could feel a magical surge of dark element from his daughter's body.

Dyle was freed from his stupor when Princess spoke.

"Father, please teach me..."

"Princess?"

Princess looked at her father's eyes. Her purple eyes not only glowed with magic but it showed determination and resolve.

"Teach me how to be strong."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Author's notes:

Asking what's that *lub-dub* sound? 

It's actually a pulse sound or heartbeat sound. Hahahahahaha sorry, looks like I really need to improve my onomatopoeia