7. A Father's Love

"No"

With Dyle's blunt response, it was like a bucket of cold water to the frenzied state of Princess. The magical surge within her stopped and so the glow in her eyes died.

However, Dyle continued.

"No is what I would've liked to say to you." He looked at Princess lovingly and gave a gentle smile.

"Do you know why you're named Princess?" he asked.

Princess merely shook her head and her eyes portrayed bewilderment.

"Your mother and I aren't thirsty for material riches in this world. For us, the Bonneville manor was already like a small kingdom with I as king and your mother as queen. Then you came, our beloved Princess. If only fate permits, I want to keep you safe and never let you know of any danger in all your life."

Different waves of emotion surged in the eyes of Dyle as his gaze slowly fell on his unconscious wife sleeping peacefully on the bed.

"I know that if Amanda would've heard that you want to be strong, she would be more than happy to aid you, my beloved Princess. Therefore, on behalf of your mother, I shall do my outmost best to teach you."

Dyle's hand gently patted his daughter's head. His eyes slightly narrowed as he recalled the appearance of Princess the first time she got inside the room.

"Additionally, I've noticed a peculiar surge of magic inside your body."

Princess breathed a sigh of relief then she motioned towards her mother and whispered.

"Next time, I will be the one to protect you mommy."

After giving her mother a kiss on the forehead, she went back to her room under her father's instruction.

The next day, the Bonneville manor was quite gloomy knowing that the mistress of the manor was in coma and no one knows when she would wake up.

Princess was called to go to her father's research laboratory which was located at the southern part of the manor.

Despite being thoroughly enclosed, the laboratory was well ventilated due to the glass being used as roof.

How wonderful it would be during the night, one could see the stars from here.

Princess was highly amused the moment she got in. In her previous life, she was never interested in coming to her father's laboratory since she deemed it useless because her magical element and Dyle's were contrast to each other.

The amusement slowly dissipated when she could now feel the heat from the sun. Glass roof isn't such a good idea during the daytime.

Her eyes squinted as she looked at the glass roof with passing sunlight illuminating the numerous book shelves and the tables which had different magical tools on them.

[Night Reign]

An incantation echoed and in a split second, a starry night replaced the bright sun. The ventilation in the laboratory dimmed but several magic torches lit up to serve as light.

Princess' mouth gaped in awe then she glanced towards where the voice came from.

"I believe this is preferable, I will revert it back once the sun isn't too high anymore," Dyle with his usual gentle smile slowly walked towards Princess.

"Yes, this is comfortable and beautiful," Princess agreed as she gazed at the starry night.

"Hmm..." Dyle sounded as if contemplating on something.

"Daddy? Why did you ask me to come here? Are you now going to teach me?"

Princess looked at her dad with impatience and expectation.

"Daddy is a little sad," Dyle blurted out.

"Me too daddy, I'm sad about what happened to mommy," Princess' pained face surfaced.

"What happened to your mommy was very unfortunate but what I was referring to was a different matter," Dyle spoke as he softly patted his daughter's head.

He continued with a bitter smile, "I'm a little sad that my beloved Princess is growing up too fast."

Princess couldn't help but laugh and hug her father.

"No matter how I grow up, I will always be your beloved Princess, daddy."

The bright laughter from the father and daughter resounded within the laboratory filling the whole place with a warm and fuzzy feeling.

"Now, unto the important matters," Dyle's voice now had a tinge of severity.

The smile disappeared from his face and his eyes were locked unto her eyes as if trying to peer to her soul. Then he asked...

"My beloved Princess, what kind of strength do you wish to have?"