4. Changing Decisions

The commotion in front of Princess' room finally settled down. Her parents had matters to attend to so they left after tucking her in to her bed. Johnson was sent back to the guest room while Tanya was left to remain standing outside Princess' bedroom door to guard and attend to any needs of Princess.

After lying down for several minutes, Princess quietly stood up and walked towards her dressing room. In the room, she faced a large full-body mirror and fixed her gaze on her reflection.

The mirror reflected a young girl at a tender age of ten, her golden hair and the shape of her face were the parts that she inherited from her mother while her round and clear purple eyes were from her father. She looked like a walking doll that could invoke admiration to anyone who would see her.

What made my life miserable?

She slowly recalled the bittersweet life that she once had.

In her naivety, she thought that she was like a heroine in the romance novels that she read. She was a beautiful damsel bestowed with power from the heavens, loved by her peers and sought after by many men. She was the heroine who rescued the crown prince from the clutches of the wicked fiancée that he once had.

The crown prince fell In love with her and she did love him too. She became the crown princess and thought that her "happily ever after" had started.

Lamentably, it was torture that had started.

Decisions...

My decisions in life were the reason why my path in life became thorny.

She slowly closed her eyes and exhaled, trying to make her resolve firm. She made her way back to her bed and solemnly prayed for her life to be better.

After a few hours of sleep, Princess woke up for dinner with her family. Her parents and Johnson were already at the dining table patiently waiting for Princess.

They were all smiles as soon as they see her. She curtsied before taking her seat beside Amanda while Dyle and Johnson were seated on the opposite side.

Due to Dyle's preference, the Bonneville Family's dining table wasn't as big as those in other noble families. The dishes weren't also extravagant but scrumptious none the less.

After eating, nobody left the dining table yet as they let the servants clean the table. Once the table was clean, Tanya served each of them with tea and retreated to the sides after doing so.

"Johnson shall be sent back to his home tomorrow, a carriage will wait for him in the morning," Amanda initiated the talk after sipping some tea.

Johnson choked on his tea that moment he heard this and then protested to Amanda, "Wait! I haven't received a proper training from you yet."

"I gave you a training schedule but you didn't follow and you just continue to freeload here since the birthday celebration of Princess."

Yes, five days ago was the birthday celebration of Princess. Today was an unfortunate day that she decided to sneak out of the house to follow Johnson out to play by the lake and almost drown when she accidentally slipped.

At the age of ten, children were examined using a magical tool to find out their magical element. The guests rejoiced at the discovery that Princess had a strong light essence enough to break the magical tool.

Many nobilities were present at her birthday celebration and one of them were Johnson and his parents, Duke Augustus Godwin and Duchess Marie Godwin.

Johnson is an avid fan of Amanda thus he took the opportunity to stay with the Bonneville family so he may get a direct training from Amanda.

"That was a training schedule on how to die! I want a training schedule on how to be strong!"

"Just accept the fact that you can't keep up and too weak," Amanda rebutted without batting an eyelash.

Johnson's face was now laid flat on the table while Dyle reached out to pat his back.

"I understand, I will go home tomorrow but—" Johnson swiftly stood up and walked towards Princess.

"I will go home accompanied by Princess," Johnson continued with a mischievous grin.

Amanda's tea cup was now broken to pieces due to an unknown force, Dyle had his palm over his forehead and Tanya was having a killing stare at Johnson.

Princess was planning to say that she wanted to stay at home but then she remembered her previous life.

I decided to stay at home that time, what if I will agree now?

How much change can it bring to my life?

Curiosity and anticipation slowly engulfed her mind. She flashed a smile to Johnson, which made the young man blush, and then she turned to her parents.

"I would like to accompany brother Johnson!" Princess announced with her angelic voice.

Johnson was overjoyed because it can help him get his mother's favour in order to be saved from his father's ire.

Amanda deemed for it to be inappropriate for Princess to journey with Johnson. The Bonneville manor was located a mile away from the capital while the house of the Duke was within the capital. The distance wasn't the problem, it was the fact that the journey would involve a young lady and a young lord inside one carriage. She was going to voice out her thoughts when Dyle spoke out.

"Very well, then Princess and Amanda shall accompany the young lord," Dyle's voice was firm yet gentle.

He turned to Amanda and continued, "Take this opportunity to visit the Duchess and show her gratitude for joining our recent humble celebration."

Amanda let out a defeated sigh and then smiled at her husband. She beckoned Tanya and ordered, "Inform the house of the duke that Princess and I shall accompany Johnson, also ask for an audience from the Duchess."

As Princess watched the events slowly unfold in front of her, she clenched her fists and tried to calm her beating heart.

I must change my decisions to change my life! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Author's Notes:

I'm adding the tags #slowpace and #reverseharem 'cause I'm planning to give Princess a harem. Sorry to those who don't like reverse harem.

Also, I'm working hard to find an illustrator for my story so please do be patient. 

Feel free to give comments and suggestions! I would love to hear from my readers.