#3 Telling Him

You turned one of the tests over in your hands as you thought about how to tell Shawn. You wondered if you should do something really special, like in your favourite books and shows. Then you decided that you were too impatient for all that, and that you were just going to tell it Shawn when he got home. You smiled to yourself, thinking how excited he would be. You heard the door unlocking downstairs. You put the test in your drawer, and walked downstairs.

Shawn was sitting on the couch, head in his hands. You raced over to him, kneeling in front of the couch.

"Oh, baby?" you sighed as you pulled him into your arms. Your news could wait until later. You gently stroked his back as he burried his face in your chest.

"You wanna tell me what's wrong ?" you asked as you gently stroked his face. And he shook his head, trying to hold in his tears, wiping off the few that escaped. "Just let it out, Shawn," you told him and soon enough, he broke down, sobbing into your chest as he told you about his horrible day, how fans had been sending him hate, how they had been telling him he wasn't good enough for you, how he wasn't a good enough singer. You let him cry it out, and once he had calmed down, you took his face in your hands and reassured him. You told him how amazing he was, that he was the best husband ever, that he was a beautiful singer.

"How would they know if you're good enough for me, anyway. If anything, I'm not good enough for you"

"No, no," he protested, "You're perfect"                               You smiled, and kissed him. Then you pulled him up from the couch.                                                                       "Go take a shower, baby. And then we can cuddle" you smiled at him. He smiled back and lead you upstairs along with him into your room.

"Not too long in the shower, okay Mendes?" you smirked at him as he walked into the bathroom. "Whatever you want, baby"

You smiled to yourself and snuggled into an armchair,  picking up the book you were reading, and in the background, the sound of the shower running.

Ten minutes later, the shower shut off. You however, was so into your book that you didn't notice.

"Y/N!" It was Shawn, and he was standing outside the bathroom, shirtless, and in his hand was a long white stick. "Is this what I think it is?"

"Shit!" you mentally cursed yourself. You had put one of the tests into your drawer but had left the others in the bathroom.

"Y/N? Are you..?" Shawn trailed off, wide-eyed and hopeful. You got up and walked over to him, taking his hand in yours.                                                                    

"Yes," tears filling your eyes again as you answered him. 

"We're going to be parents ?"  he whispered, looking at your stomach, amazed. You nodded unable to speak. He slowly put his hands on your belly, unsure at first but soon relaxing. He then kisses it before wrapping you in a hug, so warm and so full of love. And there are tears in his eyes as well as he kisses you.     

He pulls away and says, "I love you so much Y/N. I can't believe we're going to be parents"

 I can't believe we're going to be parents"

Hello, you lovely people!Hope you liked this part xSong is Blessed by Elton John! It's beautiful, check it out, ok? If you have any requests, leave a comment on this chapter or DM me!

Hope you liked this part x
Song is Blessed by Elton John! It's beautiful, check it out, ok?

If you have any requests, leave a comment on this chapter or DM me!

Vote, comment, share!

See you next,
MJ