four

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

THIS FEELING

CHAPTER FOUR[ N A T A L I A ]

CHAPTER FOUR
[ N A T A L I A ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"O, IRIS, GODDESS of the rainbow, show me Chiron the Centaur," Natalia said, throwing a golden drachma into the rainbow splashed across her wall.

Jason sat by her side, holding her hand. She was grateful he was here, because she knew she couldn't do it alone.

The image of the Big House's porch at Camp Half-Blood appeared. Chiron was sitting in his wheelchair, sipping lemonade while staring at the Demigods doing multiple activities around Camp. Grover Underwood was next to him, explaining things that had happened during his time as Lord of the wild.

"Chiron," Natalia said. "Grover."

The Centaur looked over, and his eyes widened. Grover's face lit up at the sight of Natalia, but soon dropped at the sad look on her face.

"Natalia, Jason," Chiron said. "You look grim. What's the matter? Do you need help?"

Natalia was tempted to say yes, but she decided against it. "I — uh, something happened a few days ago and I couldn't bear to tell you because I still needed to process everything. It was the same with everyone else. I told Sally first . . . but I have to tell you, Chiron."

"What's the matter, child?" Chiron asked, noticing Natalia was about to burst into tears.

She looked over at Jason, who nodded his head and gave her hand a comforting squeeze. "It's about Percy and Annabeth . . ."

"Are they okay?" Grover asked, extremely concerned.

Tears filled Natalia's eyes as she shook her head. "Percy and Annabeth, they . . . they fell into Tartarus."

It seemed like the whole world went silent. Chiron was staring at Natalia in disbelief, and Grover was staring down at his glass of lemonade. A tear dripped down her cheek.

"Oh . . ." Chiron said, suddenly seeming ten years older. "Oh dear . . ."

"I wanted to tell you the second it happened, but I couldn't bring myself to do it," Natalia said, wiping away a tear with her free hand. "I tried to save them, but I couldn't . . ."

Grover looked pained. "Is that why I'm feeling all these strange things?"

Natalia's eyes widened. The empathy link.