author's note: book four (we are)

it's honestly so hard for me to write this.

days ago, I woke up to the fourth book of the daughter of artemis series we are, suddenly being deleted from wattpad. I checked my email and apparently it was taken down due to copyright, even though I explicitly stated that rick riordan owned everything. after emailing wattpad, they have not put we are back up — once books are deleted, they can't restore them.

it breaks my heart. we are was the final conclusion to the daughter of artemis series, my first ever books on wattpad. words can't even explain how much this series means to me. it taught me how to write, and wattpad just took down its final book like it was nothing.

it honestly doesn't make any sense bc the rest of the books in the series are in the same exact format. and I ask myself, why now? it was published in 2019 and finished in 2020. they could've told me something was wrong with it so long ago. they also didn't give me a warning — it was just gone. completely unexpected.

due to the fact that the book was up for so long, I never backed it up. it's been stable there for over a year so I thought it was fine. apparently not.

so, here I am saying, I will not be writing we are again.

I know, I know, some of y'all are about to be real fucking mad at me. but I need you to hear me out.

natalia flynn was the first oc I ever created. I love her dearly, I do, but she's been with me since 2019. I've moved onto other oc's and other books. I left the daughter of artemis series behind in 2020 with the completion of all too well and never looked back. it's what my account is most known for, and I'm so grateful it gave me that start, but my writing has improved so much since then.

the thought of trying to rewrite we are actually pains me. I've moved on from that series a long time ago and have started other ones. so, since I won't be rewriting it, let me explain what used to happen with nat in we are in this author's note.

the story begins with a short chapter about natalia. she's explaining how things are getting better ever since percy and annabeth got out of tartarus. however, she admits that she's been having these bad dreams with gaea destroying the earth, and that one like in the prophecy about a final decision determining if the world falls from storm or fire is really bothering her. she has an inkling about it, and she thinks that the person that makes that final decision is her.

the rest of the story continues as normal. she joins jason (who thinks she looked exactly like artemis dressed like a maiden) and annabeth in ithaca. when michael varus stabs jason in the back, she shoots in arrow into his neck and cuts his head off with her sword. nat tries to keep him awake by reminding him of all their best memories — a snowball fight at camp, a beach date, the picnic they had back in rome.

she goes with frank to find the polynesian mint. he wanted her to go along because of her intimidating glare that can get anybody to do anything. natalia reminisces on the beach about how her and piper telling annabeth and hazel that they would teach them how to surf if they actually make it out alive. her and frank have a bonding session, and she even threatens to strike down his relative that turned into a seagull because he didn't like that frank was chinese. when they get back to the ship, natalia is instantly wrapped under jason's arm but is worried about him due to his stab wound.

jason then comes into her cabin to check on her before he goes on duty. he tells her that she was the only one keeping him awake after he was stabbed, and a part of him wanted to give up and stop fighting. her heart broken, she explains a saying to him that chiron told her once — stuck between scylla and charybdis. they're both dangerous choices, but whatever you choose to go through — your gut feeling — is what you think is best for your team. leo interrupts them when they're about to kiss, and natalia falls asleep.