Chapter 3- A Limpet That Just Won't Let Go.

A/N- Sorry this took forever and about the lack of image, I couldn't find one I liked...

Not edited yet, anyway, enjoy...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

My fingers wrapped so tightly around the coat hanger I held that my knuckles went white and I turned sharply around to face her but kept the coat hanger behind my back. "I can't see why you'd recognise me." I stated and forced a nonchalant smile onto my face as I went back to the wardrobe to hang the item of clothing away. While Elizabeth couldn't see me I gritted my teeth in preparation.

"I can picture your face. I remember seeing it somewhere." Elizabeth muttered and I turned to see her pressing her palms to her forehead.

I shrugged and walked to pick up a t-shirt from my bed. "I've often been told I have one of those faces. This happens a lot." I said nonchalantly and folded the t-shirt, eyeing Elizabeth as she closed her eyes to think.

"Have you been in the newspaper recently?" She asked with wide eyes and smiled when I didn't respond. "You have! Haven't you?"

I put the folded up t-shirt in a drawer and sighed, "Yes. You got me."

Elizabeth broke out into a giddy smile. "You were the girl who solved crimes with Sherlock Holmes and... the other one."

"John Watson." I stated and folded my arms. "Elizabeth, please don't tell anyone. I came here to get away from all of that."

She just stared at me blankly. "What are you talking about? This is awesome! You have to know whether he was a fake or not, whether he's actually alive?!" She chattered excitedly and silently clapped her hands.

A crackling came from the earpiece which was followed by Whittaker's voice, "Remember what we told you. He's dead and a fake. Do not draw attention to yourself."

"He's dead." I blurted out to Elizabeth and she frowned so I added, "He was also a fake. Made everything up. Researched myself and Dr Watson to fool us and then created all of the crimes himself." It took everything I had in me to spit out those lies.

Elizabeth's jaw dropped slightly and she uttered, "So... Moriarty wasn't real?"

I clenched my fists and answered, "Yes. A complete lie. He was an actor. An out of work children's actor. " It was unlikely that myself and this girl would remain friends after this encounter as I didn't think I could cope with all of the questions.

Before Elizabeth could ask anything else there was a knock from the door and I walked over to the slightly propped open door. On the floor in the corridor was a vacuum packed quilt cover and next to it a bag of food supplies.

"Told you they were on the way." Whittaker commented into my ear and I could imagine the smug grin on his face as he did.

I huffed and picked up the bag; then kicked the quilt into my room. "If you don't mind I have a lot of stuff to sort out. Maybe we could catch up later?"

Elizabeth seemed disappointed but smiled widely regardless. "Maybe we could go and have a walk around the campus together?" She suggested with a hopeful look in her eyes.

"Sure, why not." I shrugged and held the door open for her to leave. Elizabeth continued to smile and slowly made her way out the door, she stood in the doorway as I closed the door right in her face. I leant against the door once it was shut and sighed.

There was a crackle in my ear followed by a voice. "Looks like somebody has got a friend." Scott commented with a laugh.

"It's not funny." I muttered and crossed over to the bed to start putting the quilt cover on. With just the one person it was going to be a very difficult job. Suddenly I regretted agreeing to the decision of being the active agent on my own.