Chapter 2- Surrounded By Happy Smiley, People. Wonderful.

A/N- Sorry this took so long, I've had a bit of writers block and I've been bogged down with work... I don't own the rights to the image above either just thought it would make a nice addition...

Not edited yet... enjoy all the same...

~~~~

Darcy's POV

"How old do you reckon this Whittaker is?" Scott asked as he held onto and stood behind the punch bag I was hitting. "I mean, we could be working with a really old dude. He's going to be working alongside me as the tech help and I don't know if I can sit for days pretending to be interested in stories about his family."

I stopped punching and raised an eyebrow at him. "You really are such a charming person, Scott."

"I know." He retorted and I have a couple more punches before he decided to poke his head out from behind the punching bag. Unfortunately my hand swayed from the bag and sailed towards his face. He recoiled as my fist collided with the bridge of his nose. "Jesus, Darcy!"

My hands shot up to cover my mouth in shock and my eyes went wide. "I'm so sorry!" When Scott stood up straight blood was dripping from his nose and he did not look happy.

"You punched me?!" Scott exclaimed and put his hand up to his nose to catch some of the blood. There wasn't too much blood but just enough to be worrying.

I took an uneasy step toward him and held my hands out. "Your face got in the way of my fist." I explained innocently and Scott glared at me as he dabbed his nose with his fingers. "It's not that bad."

"Agent Pierson, Agent Byrne." A voice addressed from behind us and I turned to see a man in formal attire stood by the door.

20s. Shirt and tie- Formal, business? No- Agent. Tousled Hair- Not Brushed. Stressed? Bags Under Eyes- Lack of Sleep. Stressed. Animal Hair on Cuff- Short, Straight. Cat. Different Colour on Trousers- 2 Cats. No traces of lipstick. Nor female perfume. Nor Any Trace of Male Influence. No Girlfriend or Boyfriend? 2 Cats but No Girlfriend?

I took all of that in in a matter of seconds before the man even had a chance to continue speaking. "My name is Agent Whittaker, I was informed you were expecting me?" Whittaker announced and I smirked to myself.

"Yeah, you look like a Whittaker." I muttered under my breath and almost forgot all about Scott's bloody nose, I was more focused on this new person. I didn't do well with meeting new people after getting close to both Sherlock and John what with how that went. "How are the cats?" I added snarky manner and crossed my arms.

Whittaker frowned and gave me an uneasy look before collecting himself. "Yes. Mycroft mentioned you did that. I can understand you knowing I've got one cat because I'm covered in cat fur but how could you tell I'd got two?"

Scott raised his eyebrows at me as if daring me to show off in front of Whittaker and so I did. "It wouldn't be noticeable to the average eye and mind. There's one type of fur on your sleeves that is straight, short and grey whilst the other type, which is less noticeable on your trousers, is longer and black. Two different types of cat." I rattled off and refused to break eye contact with Whittaker as I did.

I contained my smile as Whittaker stared at me in a stunned silence before gathering his thoughts and speaking, "Right, um, I want you both in the briefing room-"

"Easy tiger." Scott remarked and chuckled nasally at his own joke. Something which I had grown partly accustomed to but Whittaker did not find it the least bit amusing.

The Agent sighed and continued, "I want you both to meet me in the briefing room in five minutes. Do not be late." He spoke with an urgency and then turned on his heel to march out of the training room.