Chap.3: Beginnings

Start from the beginning

I walked over to him and greeted him. He jumped a bit which I'm guessing he didn't notice me come up to him.

"How have you been man." I said.

"Pretty good. God is that Vivien?"

"Yeah. She's all grown up!" I laughed. "Oh by the way that's our new cousin Lorna. Aunt Nerina adopted her awhile ago and we're just now meeting her."

"Vampire or human?"

"Vampire." Lorna was staring at Blake and when she saw me looking at her she quickly turned away blushing. I just laughed to myself.

We spent the day as a family laughing and having a good time. Even better since we got to skip school as well. The only the people we were missing were my Aunt Celosia and Uncle Zane. They had 4 kids and had moved away to a few towns over, so we rarely get to see them, but the Family Reunion is coming up again so we'll get to see them again.

"Alright kids the adults are gonna go out.." said my mother. "Blake you're the oldest so you're in charge. Watch over the little ones."

"Hey! Why do we gotta stay home!" I yelled.

"I let you stay home! Now stop complaining. We'll be home late, so don't wait up for us." They then left without another word. Damn adults think they can do whatever they want!

"I heard that!" yelled Luke.

"I forgot your dad was a mind reader." Blake just laughed at me. "What should we do now."

"Party!" Emerald turned on the radio and started blasting the volume. The song Milkshakes came on and she swayed her hips to it. I just rolled my eyes at her. She desperately tries to be a cool, popular teenager, but she's still an 8th grader in reality. Maybe by next semester, her maturity level will have changed. Eventually everyone started joining in, well everyone but Vivien. She sat on the couch and just watched everyone. All of a sudden she got up and headed for the front door.

"Where are you going?" I asked grabbing her arm.

"Let go, Axel." she glared at me.

"You can't just leave without telling anyone!"

"I am 16 years old. I'm not a child and you're sure as hell not my parent!" She yanked her arm away from me and quickly left before anyone else noticed she was gone.

Vivien's POV

They're so annoying! How the hell am I even related to my cousins? It's like I was placed in the wrong family. Sure I have my dad's eyes and my mother's looks, but aside from that, my personality is just so different. I teleported myself to the Underworld only to be greeted from Asuke.

"You're a bit early. Were you that eager to see me?" he smirked, but I just rolled my eyes.

"What's today's lesson?"

"Since your powers were triggered by getting angry. I'm guessing that's when they're most powerful. I need you to channel all that anger and focus it on a target point." He then guided me to the castle's training area. It was enclosed in a dome with a clear roof top above us. There were targets, dummies, treadmills and all other essentials. We walked to this one area where targets were lined up.

"Here." He tossed me a pair of clothes. "Change into this."

"Right now?"

"Yes now hurry up." He stared at me and waited.

"Is there not a changing room nearby?"

"Oh I see. You're shy!" he chuckled. "If it helps I'll turn around."