Ch.9: Happy Birthday

Damian's POV

I could hear faint footsteps creep into my dark bedroom. I was still asleep, but I could still hear whoever my room. They were shushing each other and counting. All of a sudden, I was awoke by a heavy body that decided to jump on me.

"Happy birthday, Damian!" Yelled Axel and Phoenix.

"We wanted to be the first to tell you!" Phoenix had a huge smile on his face just like Axel did. Today I was officially 18 years old plus it was St. Patrick's Day. How awesome is it to be born on a holiday?

"Why did you guys even wake me up early. You know I never go to school on my birthday."

"Grandma made a special birthday breakfast for. The least you could do is get up and enjoy it." Axel replied. I did as I was told and went to the kitchen with only my great flannel sweats on.

"Happy birthday! Come and eat your breakfast!" My grandma beamed. She had make a cake-like pancake with lots of whipped cream on it. She kisses my cheek and leaves me to eat.

"I'm assuming everyone already ate?" I asked with food stuffed in my mouth.

"Yes dear and don't talk with your mouth full."

"Happy Birthday sweetie." My mother hugged me from behind.

"Happy birthday son." My dad handed me a small box and waited for me to open it. I was confused as to what it could be, but when I tore it open and found a pair of keys, I was nearly speechless.

"Y-y-you got me a car!"

"It's right outside." I jumped up and followed my dad. Outside was a brand new, grey Ferrari! This is by far the greatest gift ever!

This is awesome! Thanks dad." I hugged him and went straight to my car. The inside was even more awesome with surround sound, touchscreen and seat warmers. This car or MY car was the complete package.

"Alright. Now get inside before I decide to take the keys away." Ordered my mom.

I did as told and ran into Vivien on my way inside.

"Happy birthday, Damian." She handed me a present wrapped in baby blue wrapping and tied with a silver ribbon. I opened it carefully to find a home-made teddy bear. It was black with grey eyes along with a silver bow attached to it.

"My sewing skills have improved despite the numerous pricks, but in te end it came out great. What do you think?"

"It's amazing." I hugged her tightly. we stayed like that for awhile until she pushed me away so she could get to school on time. My sister never ceases to amaze me. We've grown up together our whole life and yet I'm still being surprised by her. She hasn't given me a gift in years since we always go out to eat, but it was a nice gesture.

Anyways, I ran back inside and was about to snuggle into my bed when my phone rang.

"Ughh hello?" I answered not checking to see who it was.

"Happy birthday baby!!"

"Oh thanks." Damn just when my birthday was starting off good.

"Can you come over? I have a surprise for you!"

"I guess." I hung up and dressed in black jeans and a black muscle shirt with a black/white flannel over it along with my black converse. As soon as I got to Zett's I just walked in since it was basically another home to me. Up the stairs I went and straight to her room where she stood in pink lingerie.

"Hello handsome. Like what you see?"

"Sorry, but the bump throws me off. Get dressed properly. You're going to be a mother so act like it."