"Beautiful name." He complimented. I see Dave gets his flattery from his dad.

"Thank you sir."

"Oh nah. I may be old, I may walk like I'm old, but shit I don't want to feel like it. Just call me...Sr." He smiled warmly. I see Dave gets his heart from both of his parents.

"Okay. I gotchu. Um I'm going to go see if Miss.Faye needs some help in the kitchen." I began to get up from my seat.

"Miss.Faye? Bae! She call you Miss.Faye?!" He laughed.

"I told her not to!" She yelled back and laughed too.

"We already know where she from!" He yelled back. "Down South!"

"Sho is!" They both laughed.

"Dang am I that obvious?" I chuckled.

Errol nodded and laughed. "With that accent and the respect level? Yeah we know you not from round these parts. Plus dat as-" Sr. interrupted him before he could finish while my eyes bulged slightly.

"Boy I will bust you in yo shit." He drew his hand back like he was going to hit him. "Have some respect."

"My bad. I meant no disrespect. You're just shaped differently than the girls here." He apologized.

"Ah I gotchu. Well I'm going to go help out in the kitchen." I walked away.

"David Jr. get yo big head ass down here boy!" Sr. yelled up towards the stairs as I walked into the kitchen.

"Do you need some help in here?" I asked once I stepped into the kitchen.

"Ummmm you can do the rice and the red beans. I don't even have to ask whether or not you know how to cook. Us southern girls can cook."  We laughed together.

"So Faith tell me about yourself. Where are you from specifically?" We began to make conversation as we moved around the kitchen.

"Emerald Isle, North Carolina." I stated proudly. I love and cherish where I'm from. It's changed tremendously over the years unfortunately, but I still call it home.

"Ouu a Carolina girl. We have some family down there. We all have to get down there together so the families can meet." She beamed. It's safe to say Miss.Faye likes me. All I could do was laugh.

"Momma!" Kairi yelled out before I could respond, running into the kitchen over to her grandmother.

"Kai why you running baby?" she looked down at Kairi and asked her smiling.

"DaDa chase." she kind of panted. Kairi looked over at me and mugged me until she realized who I was. "Face!" she ran over to me and hugged my legs. I really didn't expect her to remember me. I only met her once. I guess kids have splendid memory.

I squatted down to her level and hugged her. "Aww. Hi beautiful. How are you doing?" I asked her when we pulled from our hug.

She cheesed and responded "I good. Sweet?"

"Sweet?" I was confused for a second before I figured out what she was saying. "Aw you asking about candy? I'm sorry I didn't bring any this time baby. Plus you're about to eat. You don't want to ruin your dinner." She frowned. "I'll bring you some the next time I see you okay. Okay?" she still frowned. "Kairi. Hey" I softly called to her and she peeked up. "I promise. Pinky promise." I locked our pinky fingers together.

She smiled and hugged me. "Okay" she mumbled into my shoulder. She didn't let go this time so I picked her up and continued to maneuver around the kitchen.

"Girl you don't have to carry her. That's why she spoiled now." Miss.Faye said rolling her eyes playfully. I laughed.

"She's okay. Ugh she makes me want one." I accidentally let slip out. I was thinking it, but didn't mean to reveal my thoughts.