Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

I shook my head, placing a hand on his shoulder. ‘It’s ok; I was going to tell him anyway.’

‘Going to tell me what?’ Harry asked

‘I’m gay.’ I said calmly to Harry as I continued to massage Louis’ shoulder.

‘Oh that.’ Harry shrugged ‘I sort of already knew that.’

‘What?’ I asked looking at him.

‘Zayn told me that he thought you might be, sorry.’ Harry replied ‘That’s why I said ‘has anyone caught your eye’ rather than ‘seen any hot chicks lately.’’

I took my hand of Louis’ shoulder and looked down at my lap smiling; even if it annoyed me that Zayn had told Harry, it was nice to know that even though Harry has known for who knows how long, he hadn’t treated me any different.

‘Are you telling me I’m the only one who didn’t know?’ Louis asked giving me an indignant look.

Harry shrugged smirking.

Louis was staring at me with him big puppy dog eyes and pouting making my heart melt.

‘Oh Lou, I’m sorry.’ I wrapped an arm around his shoulder and Louis leant into my mine. ‘And I never told Zayn or Harry so...’

‘Yeah so you weren’t the last one to be told by Niall, I was. No, you were just the least observant.’ Harry smirked at Louis.

‘He’s being mean to me.’ Louis sounded like a five year old as he turned and hid his face in my shoulder, which I’m sure, was to hide a smile.

‘It’s ok Lou; here I was thinking I was being subtle.’ I said rubbing his shoulder. ‘I wonder if the fans have figured this out.’

‘Don’t worry Niall; next to Louis anyone would look straight.’ Harry said matter-of-factly.

Louis head flew up and he stared at Harry in indignation. ‘I’m not gay!’

‘No?’ Harry asked with a disbelieving look on his face.

‘Well…’ Louis sounded uncertain ‘I don’t think I am…’ He looked at me nervously. ‘I mean… I like girls…’

‘Fine, you’re bisexual then,’ Harry still looked indifferent, ‘whatever. Anyway we’ve got tonight off so I’m going swimming with Lux. See ya later.’

Harry stood up, walked into his room grabbed what I assumed were bathers and then disappeared out the door.

I still had my arm around Louis, who still had his head leaning on my shoulder.

I looked down at him and he looked up at me anxiously. ‘You’re not mad at me are you?’ He asked ‘For not telling you? I mean, I’m not even sure myself yet so…’

‘It’s ok Lou.’ I said rubbing his shoulder reassuringly. ‘I’ve known since Xfactor and I only just told you.’

‘So you’re not mad?’ He asked uncertainly ‘I mean, you trusted me with your secret and I didn’t trust you with my own doubts.’

He looked so worried, so worried and so freaking adorable at the same time, I hadn’t realised that my opinion meant so much to him.

‘No I’m not mad, how could I ever be mad at you?’ I asked pulling him into a hug. ‘That’s like saying that someone could be mad with a kitten.’

‘I’d say puppy rather than kitten.’ Louis’ voice was muffled due to his face being pressed into my shirt.

I chuckled ‘Na, Liam’s the puppy, you’re a kitten.’

‘Are you saying he’s cuter then me?’ Louis asked pulling away to pout at me.

‘He’s pretty cute,’ Louis scowled at me ‘but I’m more of a cat person.’

Louis’ face broke out in a grin. He leant back against my chest. ‘I love you Niall.’

‘I love you too Lou.’ I replied, if only he knew just how much I meant it.

‘So are you gonna tell me about this guy you’re crushing on?’ He asked taking my hand which wasn’t around his shoulder and started playing with my fingers; he seems to be making a habit of that.

‘Sorry Lou, not yet.’ Even knowing that Lou might, and I stress the might, be bisexual didn’t give me the confidence to admit my feeling to him. ‘I’m just not ready to have that conversation yet.’

‘Ok, well I’m here when you are, you know that.’ Louis said continuing to play with my fingers.

‘Yeah I do.’ I closed my hand around his, threading my fingers though his.

He looked up at me with those clear blue eyes of his and I smiled down at him. If he was allowed to kiss me I assumed I was allowed to do the same. I leant down and pushed my lips against his forehead and he closed his eyes and leant into me.

‘Was that what you were crying about the other night?’ Lou asked without opening his eyes.

I suppose, when you think about it, it was what I had been crying about. I’d got upset because I’d been hit by the reality that I was in love with Louis and how amazing it could be to be with him but knowing that he didn’t feel the same. ‘Yeah.’

‘You’re worried they don’t like you back.’ Louis didn’t state it as a question.

I nodded and he pulled away from me slightly so he could see my face.

‘How could anyone not like you?’ He said it quietly and the hand I wasn’t holding came up to brush the side of my face. He looked at me almost sadly before laying his head back against my chest. ‘I certainly don’t suffer from that problem.’

If only he knew how much I wish that was true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well now they're both out so what do you think'll happen now. ;)