Following the Wedding

As I walked back up the isle in Maxon's arms, I knew that I wasn't scared anymore. He held me close to him as we laughed and giggled in happiness. He was king, and I was queen. We embraced each other tightly.

"I-I can't believe it!" I said still in shock.

"Me either!" Maxon said. "I will see you in a few minutes for the reception!"

"Okay. Don't go too far." I warned jokingly.

"Of course, my DEAR." He smiled. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't call me that Your Royal Husbandness!" I laughed. "Kay be back in a few!" I blew him a kiss. He caught it and put it in his pocket.

"Bye," he said as he went into his room and I went into my new one." A few days before the wedding, I moved all of my things into my temporary room. We decided we weren't ready for the king and queen's room yet. Maxon wanted to remember his parents for a while.

I walked in to find Mary at the door. She squealed with excitement. "Oh my gosh I can't believe it! You're married!"

"I know right!" I said. I suddenly thought of something. "What if the Southern rebels attack the reception?"

"They won't. After hearing about Maxon's idea of excluding the castes made them.... Oh how do I put it? Less in attack mode."

"I hope you're right," I said. "Anyways I have a party dress to get into. Mary and my new maids, Carri, Emily, Theresa, and Maggie, had made me a new dress using some of the material that I had worn in the Selection dresses. My dress was a soft blue and faded into white. Beautiful. I slipped it on and gasped.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful! Girls, you outdid yourselves!"

"Well," said Emily, "we have to have the queen look like a queen at her wedding reception!" Emily had been Marlee's maid in the Selection. She understood the friendship between Marlee and I. We had the same tastes so she already me well. Carri had been Kris's maid, Theresa-Celeste's, and Maggie-Elise's. I wanted to have them because Kris, Celeste, and Elise were also close friends I'm the Selection.

They redid my hair into a twisted upknot as Maxon knocked on the door that separated our rooms. "Come in," I said.

He had changed into fancy king clothes and looked me over with his mouth hanging open. "Wow," he said. "And I thought you looked breathtaking in the wedding dress."

"Thank you, your Royal Husbandness. You indeed look amazing, too!" I said, mystified. "I say we go to a party."

"I have no other plans today," he shrugged. We remembered that day. "After you, my dear." I kissed his cheek and put my arm around his. We walked downstairs together and the celebration began.