Chapter 16 - Regretful Decisions

Neil

My little mate looks up at me with fearful eyes as she stands close to her worthless Beta. He glares at me, not even trying to make a move because he knows that if he does, he won't live to see the sun again. It's a hostile standoff between us. I was hoping it wouldn't get to this, but unfortunately, things happen.

This stupid wolf of mine lost control and we fought over whether or not to accept her compromise and I won with the no. I do not have time to consult her pack as I have my own things to do. On top of that she called me spoiled, which I find funny since that is the only thing she could come up with. Her insult is adorable. She's not strong enough to be an Alpha by herself, but she's fair enough to be my Luna. Her talking skills before hand were amazing.

I take in a deep breath, not sure of what to do. She is upset enough, but I do not want to leave her here with that stupid Beta. "If you come with me for two nights, then I will show you my pack is not as bad as you think and we can formally make a compromise," I suggest, trying to get away from what I said about myself a few moments ago. We have to do something to get my mate to, well, be my mate.

If she accepts this offer then I will have to send a gaurd to go as fast as he can back to the pack and tell them to do something with the slaves. Free them would be my suggestion because I could honestly care less if we have them or not if she becomes my mate. She could be my personal slave, in bed. It won't be the same, but it'll be so much more enjoyable with my mate.

She looks over to her Beta, "Do not do it," he tells her, trying to be as quiet as he can, but I obviously heard him. I just want to punch his throat out and murder him, but if I do that then this will get even worse. She already looks like a mess from what I presume is stress. Starting a pack isn't easy. If she chooses, then I am willing to do all of it for her if it means she will accept being my mate.

Her eyes divert from his to the ground, "There is not much else we can do. We aren't strong enough," she whispers, holding onto the bottom hem of her shirt tightly as she fidgets with it. She looked so innocent like this, amd especially vulnerable. Oh the things I want to do to her when she is mine.

"Time is ticking," I click my tongue and snap my fingers. My confidence is skying rocketing since she pretty much just admitted that this was her only choice. If course there are others, but I don't think she's sane enough right now to figure them out. Just imagine all that stress weighing her down. I'm used to it, but she isn't by any means..

"Fine," she mumbles, but loud enough so I am able to hear her. "But only for two days," she turns to look back at her Beta, "Can you take care of things while I'm gone?" She asks him, looking very hopeful. I can't wait to just rip them apart from eachother. She is mine!

He shakes his head, "No way in hell you're going there alone," he says, much to my dismay. I glare at him, not wanting him to come along with us. He will just set me back even further.

My mate shakes her head no, "You're my Beta, you take care of things while I'm gone. I can survive two days, it's not like he can kill me or anything," she says, trying ro reason with him. She's right, he has no reason to worry since I can't kill. Nor would I ever even try to. The only thing I'd like to kill, is their relationship.

The Beta looks over at me, eyeing me up and down. I'm just about sick of his shit. "There are other things he can do that are much worse than death," he says while still looking at me.

I let out a small growl, stepping closer to the two. "Okay Beta boy, since you won't shut up about it, I promise not to touch you Alpha without her permission," I say, smirking. It was a promise I wasn't planning to keep because I just wanted to hold her and possibly fuck her later. He doesn't need to know that though.

He looks at me, then her, letting out a sigh. "Fine, but please just stay safe," he tells her, touching her cheek lightly. I let out a growl and he pulls away, saddened. That's what you get for messing with a girl who has a mate. "And as for you," he says to me, "if she comes back saying that you touched her then I will fucking kill you." I raise an eyebrow at his pathetic threat, but don't say anything as it is not worth. Even if he tried his best, I know he couldn't beat me in a hundred years. The worst he could do is equivalent to a mosquito bite.

My little mate looks up at me, "I should probably get my clothes," she says, starting to sound sleepy. It is the middle of the night after all.

"It is fine, my female pack members wouldn't mind lending you clothes," I say, trying to make them sound better than they actually are. I know my female pack members are rude to outsiders. No Luna that has ever visited with her mate has felt comfortable. Therefor, they don't come often. "The sooner we leave the better, the more sleep we get." I suggest, trying to make a sweet deal.

She nods, letting out a faint sigh, "Okay, well," she turns to her Beta and hugs him. He looks shocked and even a little scared, I tense up, but know it isn't his fault this time. "See you in a couple days Gerret," she mumbles, pulling away from him. I wonder what exactly her feelings are for him. It's a lot more than friendship, obviously. Her Beta pats her head and bids her a farewell back.

After saying their little goodbyes, my mate walks toward me. I smirk, "Alright, we have to shift, but you can ride on my back since you're tired," I say, hoping she woild accept. She hardly weighs anything, so it's not like it will slow me down anyways.

She shakes her head, "No, it's fine," she says, walking behind I tree. I let out my own sigh and undress myself to shift. After a minute passes my mate walks out in her beautiful wolf form. It's almost unreal with what she looks like- almost all white, but with grey spots everywhere on her body. It's something I haven't seen before. My gaurds look at her for a little too long for my liking and I snap my jaw at them. They turn away, now knowing better than to look at my mate.

"Jeremy," I call one of my guards over to me. He trots over, "go ahead of us and free all of the slaves and make sure everyone knows to be nice or there will be consequences, got it? I will go slow," I say, making sure the instructions are as clear as day. He nods, bowing his head before running into the forest ahead of us at full speed.

My mate hardly seems to notice as she just looked at the ground. "Let's go," I mindlink her and she looks up, pausing for a moment before nodding. She follows me as I begin walking through the woods back to my pack. This is going to a be a long night if I'm going to be this slow.

I look over at my mate as she walks by me. Many thoughts are going through my head right now. The dirty things I would love to do with her, hopefully she has some of the same tastes as me. I do have to admit though, I am a bit extreme. The love we will have for eachother one day. I know it will happen, as it does with all other mates.

---

2 Chapters in one day, yay!