Chapter 28 - Pack V. Pack

Neil stops circling around Alpha Zackery and grins. He let's out a furious growl- ready to attack. My eyes graze over the Recall Pack, who seem to be talking to each other. That is not good, until Neil defeats Zackery. If they intertwine in the fight, then who knows what will happen. I'd guess if they killed Neil, then there's nothing but taking over the Blood Pack.

I look over to Neil's warriors, who seem content on watching the fight rather than the suspicious warriors. It is possible that I am overreacting, but still. A couple eyes graze over me from the distance and I stand up, backing behind the guards.

Neil's first move is a jump close to Zackery, but it appears to be to misleading. The opposing Alpha growls, snapping his jaw at Neil as he stays in place. A confident move if you ask me, but it can also mean that he has given up. Shame, he should at least try, but it makes my wolf happy to know my mate won't get hurt.

My attention goes back to the other side as I walk around Neil's guards. Some spare me a glance, but don't put a huge amount of thought into it. I walk into the woods, just far enough to hide myself from the others. I have a bad feeling about those warriors on the opposing side.

The battle continues with Zackery taking his first real step towards Neil. It's not much as my mate quickly moves away, out of an attackable position. He seems to know how to play it safe and still win. His wolf is skilled at this. The pack of his is not just strong because of their warriors, but because of him. Zackery flicks his tail and lunges for him, baring his teeth. I hold in a breath, trying not to close my eyes and look away from the scene. Neil rolls over, the teeth sinking into his stomach.

I gag, feeling some of my mate's pain in the same area. I cannot imagine what he is feeling right now since we aren't even technically mated yet. Neil's eyes leave his target and move to his warriors. If he is looking for me then that's not the spot. He let's out a loud growl and bites down on Zackery's snout hard. My eyes go wide at the odd move, but it proves effective when he let's out the most painstaking cry ever. My ears flatten at the horrid sound.

Once Neil moves away I see the real damage he has done- his snout is completely broken. Alpha Zackery's jaw is definitely not attached anymore and just hanging there. Blood covers his eyes, nose, mouth- everything! It makes my stomach churn just seeing the scene.

Alpha Zackery's warriors let out distressed whines, seeing their Alpha lose so quickly is sad. A couple sit up and move forward, looking like they want to intercept. Even if they rescue their Alpha now, their pack will be pretty much dead. He can't protect them looking like that. I walk closer to those warriors, ready to pounce if necessary. It is odd how they haven't noticed my disappearance yet, except my mate.

The Recall warriors let out a growl, seeing Neil ready to give the final blow. "Stop!" They yell through the mindlink, mainly directed towards my mate, "we don't want you as an Alpha!" What a cold thing to say. They keep moving forward and I decide it's my time to shine.

Up until now, I've done nothing for my pack. Well now, I can show them I'm more than the big bad Alpha's little mate. I exit the forest and leap between the warriors and occuring battle, letting out a small growl. "You should have thought about that instead of trying to attack my pack," I say angerly. That's the only reason I know that they have come here. It's stupid and it's getting their Alpha killed. "So back it the fuck up," I say, no remorse in my voice. Neil can have this pitiful pack.

Silence ensues behind me. The warriors look at eachother, probably unsure of what to do. They can either attack me and get injured or sit back and watch. Hopefully they chose the latter. "We don't want our Alpha to die," one says, slightly panicked.

I shake my head, not thinking they get it. "Fair enough, but you'll have to get past me," I say, taking some steps forward. They get into an attack stance, growling lowly. Apparently they didn't want the easy way out. That's okay with me, because they made my pack panic.

My wolf takes over a bit, waiting for one of them to attack. The first one comes from my left side, almost out of view and bites my hip. I kick his with my hind leg, trying to get him off me. His teeth sink deeper into my skin, making my leg freeze up. Another wolf comes at me from the right, straight for my neck.

A dark wolf dashes forward and pins the attacker to the ground. I quickly realize it's Neil. My attention turns back to the wolf attached to me, he won't get off. I can't turn around because my body cannot bend like that. "You're such a stupid Alpha," the guy says, snickering through the mindlink. I growl, trying to yank him off me. Blood could now be seen on the forest floor as I make the wound worse. He's still there!

Neil's wolf comes back into view and runs to me. He lunges and grabs the wolf's neck with his teeth, biting down hard. My leg feels cold as the teeth fall out. The dead body of the Recall Pack's warrior falls to the forest floor with his neck snapped all the way back. I cringe at the scene.

My mate hops ontop of me, knocking me onto the ground in pain. His stomach was still bleeding, dropping on my fur. He growls protectively, keeping a lookout of everything around us. "Neil, get off!" I yell, freaking. I need to go fix my leg before I pass out or bleed out.

He doesn't respond, still acting aggressively. His wolf is obviously in control. I don't know how to stop him or at least get Neil back. He lowers his body on mine and lays his head on my chest, letting out a small whine. My eyes go wide at the affectionate move.

I look around us, suddenly wondering if we were in danger. Neil's warriors are attacking Zackery's with full force. There's a fair amount of blood everywhere, mostly from the enemy. I guess it's good to know that they are winning.

My take in deep breathes, trying to focus on staying awake. I can't fall asleep, not now. Neil quickly gets up and looks down at me. He licks my face, "stay awake baby," he pleads. "We need a doctor!" He shouts through the pack link, probably at his warriors. I lay my head to the side, not being able to hold up anymore. My eyes slowly close as the pain continues to eat me alive. I trust Neil to keep me alive while I'm asleep...

---

Cheers to West Virginia being on strike again- no school celebration.

Fun fact: Almost exactly a year ago, we had the first all-county (WV) strike in 30 years!