Chapter Seventeen: The Virtues.

Start from the beginning

"Yes, you helped that man who fell and you willed for rest, didn't you?"

"Y-yes," why was I stuttering?

"You did an act of kindness, so I returned the favour. My kindness to you is to provide shelter for you and your...companions," she explained.

"Oh, I see you've met my counterpart?" Envy commented.

"Hello Envy," she greeted, not a single muscle twitched on her face..

"Did you miss me?" He teased.

"Honestly, yes I did," she replied.

"Y-you did?" Envy looked stunned.

"Yes, I missed having an annoying pest that keeps following me," she smiled, with eyes glowing greener than usual.

Envy smirked and mimicked the green in her eyes.

"Hey guys look! It's kindness!" Someone yelled.

The girl waved gently at the boys.

Joshua' POV:

I saw the woman approach our group right after Maia helped that man up. Maia always does kind things to people, which made me fall in love with her even more, but that woman...who was she?

"I'm Kindness, one of the Seven Heavenly Virtues," she introduced. I was hypnotised by her beauty. Her beautiful pale skin complimented her red hair that flowed until her hips. Her green eyes shining brightly in the sunlight, causing me to swoon. Her dress draped over her shoulders exposing her shoulders and neck. It flowed till her calf and the back flowed till the ground.

Stop it Joshua! You are with Maia.

I fell in love with Maia and I won't fall out of love with her. The "love" I felt for Kindness isn't the kind of love I want. I love her looks, her body, not her personality. I love Maia for what's inside not outside, not to brag or anything but Maia is breathtakingly gorgeous inside and out.

Envy began talking with Maia about counterparts while Kindness fell behind the group. She kept a slow pace behind all of us and always stopped to ask if anything along the way required help. I mustered up courage to turn around and talk to her.

"Hey..." I said.

"Hello," she replied nicely.

"I'm Joshua," I introduced, extending my hand.

"I'm Kindness," she smiled, taking my hand and shaking it, "I've known a lot of Joshua's before, all of them are marvellous heroes and warriors. Beautiful men they are."

"Well...I've never met a Kindness before," stupid...

She laughed but then clamped her hand over her mouth to contain it.

"You don't have to contain your laugh, it's really cute."

She blushed, "thank you. Are you and Maia together?"

"Yes we are," I don't know why I felt disappointed with my answer, like I wasn't sure of it.

"Do you know Maia?"

"Yes! We've been friends for many years now!"

"Hmm," she hummed, as if she wasn't content with my answer.

"Well it was nice meeting you Joshua, but may I ask you a question?"

"Of course!"

"Do you love Maia?"

"Yes I do," I was shocked with her question, "more than anyone in the whole world."

"Do you think she loves you as much as you love her?"

"I..."

Maia's POV:

We walked for a very long time till we reached this ginormous castle. It looked like it was made out if diamonds. The huge structure loomed over us, casting a huge shadow upon us. We entered the gigantic castle to be greeted with an equally extravagant and luxurious interior. The carpets were red lined with gold detailing. The chandeliers swayed gently over head as people were walking around. On top of the grad stair case sat six young woman who beamed and waved at Kindness. They all wore the same white dress as her but with a different colour Laurel Leaf headband. I didn't notice the headband on Kindness but now I did. It was a metallic green, that reflected the light into my eyes.

They approached us and welcomed us into Heaven.

"Welcome Travellers," they greeted.

Each Sin and Virtue had the same colours on them. I began to pair up a few.

Lust with Chastity.
Envy with Kindness.
Wrath with Patience.
Gluttony with Temperance.
Greed with Charity.
Sloth with Diligence.
Pride with Humility.

However, something felt off about Chastity. Something really felt off about her.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Author's Note:

Heyyyyyy! So the sins are in heaven! Yaaaay! I always say this but SHIT IS GONNA HAPPEN!

BTW this is the Laurel Leaves thing:

What do you think is up with Chastity?

Lxrxib.