epilogue

1 year later

zach paced nervously back and forth, the sound of his heart beat was in his ears. today was the day he never saw coming. he didn't envision himself graduating, nor did he ever think he'd come this far. he doubted he would get into college, but a few days ago he received the acceptance letter to his dream college, he was yet to tell his family and still was yet to even tell jack, who also was attending the college zach had gotten into. it was all a dream come true, and zach was trying his damn best to not spoil things.

"have you told jack yet?" kay softly whispers. zach doesn't say a word signaling to kay he had not told jack. "why haven't you? you guys planned this." she says cocking an eyebrow at him.

"i'll tell him at dinner tonight. i still haven't told my mom or dad." he flushes playing with the fabric of his graduation gown. the fabric felt rough against his skin, but he didn't complain. he'd only be in this attire for a few more hours, then he was free to wear the dress shirt he had underneath and the black skinny jeans.

"is daniel here with jack?" zach nods.

"corbyn and jonah are coming tonight." kay nods, flattening our her dress that was a maroon color, and had a lace trim at the bottom. zach had to admit his friend was beautiful.

their principal spoke into the microphone signaling the audience to quiet down. they obliged, some till chatting quietly. "today the class of 2020 graduate. some will go off to college, have jobs, or who knows what. but i'd like to say i'm proud of each an everyone of you..." this was the same speech he had gave last year and every year after that.

"you nervous?" kay softly whispers grabbing ahold of zach's sweaty ones.

"beyond." he replies, letting out a breath. kay squeezes his hand tightly, rubbing her thumb against the back of his palm. his anxiety calmed a bit having kay here. but not fully.

the previous year, was one zach never would forget. he was grateful for his friends and for what they did. he was also grateful his friends especially jack, forgave him for what he had done. it took zach a whole summer to forgive kay when he found out she was apart of corbyn's plan, but eventually he did, seeing he couldn't live without her. each day he spent that summer without her he missed her more. eventually he did forgive her.

"kay cook," the principal says through the speakers. kay glances at zach, sending him a nervous smile. he sent her back an encouraging smile, holding up his thumbs. she left out a small giggle rolling her eyes as she walked up to the stage.

after what seemed like an eternity waiting for his name to be called, zach's name was finally called on. he flattens out his gown, taking in a deep breath.

"you've got this." kay smiles at him, her diploma tightly grasped in her hand. zach nods, walking to the steps that lead to the stage. before he made his way up them he looked out into the crowd for jack, who was sat with his family, the smile on his lips wide. zach's heart rate sped up. god i love him.

zach pushes that thought away, walking up the rest of the stairs. principal walsh shakes his hand, making the crowd erupt into cheer. after shaking everyone's hand who was on stage the guidance counselor handed him his diploma. zach sent her a soft smile making his way back to his seat next to kay.

"we did it!" she whispers the excitement overpowering her words. even if kay's parents weren't able to attend her graduation she sure as hell seemed able to hold herself together. but zach could tell she was hurt, she just was so good at hiding it.

"class of 2020 you know what to do next!" principal walsh spoke into the mic. everyone moved the tassel of their cap to the opposite side. zach looks towards kay, and almost as if on que they take their caps off and throw them into the air with the others that went with theirs.

the crowds cheering grew louder. the sound of the band playing so long goodbye by sum41 started to play. the choir joined in. zach's wanted to roll his eyes at how cheesy this was. but he held back walking towards his family, who were smiling proudly at him.

"babe you're a high school graduate!" jack smiles sweetly at him, pulling zach closer to him. zach felt a blush tint his cheeks. zach wraps his arms around jack, breathing in his scent he had come to miss over the few months he spent without him.

daniel clears his throat. "do i get a hug?" he pouts mockingly. zach pulls away from jack, rolling his eyes, but a smile was still on his lips.

"c'mere." zach says gesturing for daniel to come give him a hug. daniel doesn't hesitate wrapping his arms around the shorter male.

"i'm so proud of you bud." daniel softly says pulling out of the hug. before zach could speak another word daniel spots kay, who was awkwardly linger behind, still looking for her parents in hopes they'd arrive sometime soon.

_______

time skip

zach was still yet to tell his parents and jack about his acceptance to the college he had applied to. zach's family and his friends were having dinner at one of zach's favorite childhood restaurants, his mother begging him to pick out this place seeing has they hadn't been here since zach was 13 for his 13th birthday.

corbyn and christina were placed in front of zach and jack, corbyn across from him and christina across from jack. daniel and jonah were sat next corbyn and christina. and kay beside zach. zach's parents had left, seeing as it was getting late and also they wanted to give zach some time with his friends before they all left for college.

"so what college are you going to?" corbyn questions, making zach swallow his piece of chicken quickly, and look towards jack who was already looking at him.

kay, who was sat on zach's left kicks him under the table, signaling it was time to tell jack.

"nyu," he mumbles softly chewing on his bottom lip nervously, looking deeply into jack's eyes, that widened when he heard his reply. choking on his drink he sits his cup down, looking towards zach.

with a cough jack clears his throat. "when we're planning telling me you got accepted?" he questions looking towards zach, who just shrugs. "how long have you known?"

"just a few days. i got the letter the day before you arrived." zach could feel his cheeks deepen in color as jack continued to stare at him.

"and you're just telling me now?" zach nods, sending jack a soft smile. "you're lucky i love you." quickly jack's hand makes their way to his mouth, covering it. he didn't mean for the words to slip out, but it just felt so right saying them.

"what did you say?" zach grins from ear to hear, liking the sounds of the words that left jack's lips.

jack rolls his eyes playfully. "i love you." he cooed, lacing their fingers together underneath the table.

zach couldn't be more happier. everything he ever doubted would work out was slowly coming together and fitting into place and zach couldn't help but love the results. he thought after all that had happened last year he wouldn't be here, nor would he have jack, who was the best thing that had ever happened to him. hell he even doubted daniel staying his friend. but everything was working out.

"i love you too."

and just to think this all began because of a leaked nude and a stupid bet.

THE END

_________

should i do a part two of the epilogue where they're at college????

thank you for nearly 100k like wtf!!! that's a lot of people reading this fic. i'm so happy you guys have enjoyed this fic, but it's time it comes to an end. i enjoyed writing this fic and reading all your comments when i update. i love you guys so much.