2.7

tonight was prom night, and jack was more nervous than ever, he knew zach was going to be there and was not prepared to see him. corbyn had informed jack zach had a date to prom and it was none other than kay cook, jack wouldn't admit this out loud but he was jealous at the fact she got to be his date. jack wished it was him.

it was a saturday afternoon and jack was sat on his bed, the tux for tonight hung on his closet door, he tired several times to talk himself out of going, but his sisters insisted he go, not knowing the exact reason why he didn't want to go.

jonah and corbyn were supposed to be over, but jack knew better not to get his hopes up. jonah after all still was not talking to him, and corbyn was doing his best to avoid jack, spending most of his time either with christina or off doing something he refused to tell jack about.

so jack was left to spend the saturday afternoon getting ready for prom alone, only accompanied by his three sisters and his mother who was ecstatic about the fact jack was going to prom. jack was the least excited about this.

maybe he had a reason to not go.

________

zach nervously paced back and forth, not knowing what to do. this was first prom he was attending, and he had to get ready on his own, daniel, who was on prom committee was already at the place, helping set up. which left zach alone, and with his thoughts.

he only had an hour to get ready, having to pick up kay soon. he looks down at his phone, groaning loudly when he saw the time. he now only had half an hour to get ready.

throwing his phone beside him, he gets up from his bed, walking to his door where the tux hung. he played with the material, frowning. his tux jacket was a black color, the stitching a lighter black. he already was wearing the gray buttoned up shirt, but he was yet to put on his tie and pants. he didn't want to back out now, knowing it wasn't right to leave kay behind when he had agreed to be her date.

after wasting more time zach gets dressed, fumbling with his tie for a few seconds. with one last quick glance in the mirror he grabs the pink and white corsage off his dresser making his way down stairs where his mother sat waiting for him to arrive. she smiles widely at him.

"my handsome boy!" she gleams happily, rushing towards zach who was rolling his eyes at his mother. "tell kay i said to have fun, but not too much fun-,"

before his mother could continue he quickly hugs her, rushing out of the door.

in the car his mother had allowed him to drive tonight, zach makes his way to kay's house likely going to be a few minutes late seeing as her house was closest to the school and traffic was already bad.

zach plugs in his phone to the aux randomly selecting a song. ivy by frank ocean blared through the speakers, zach flinched at the song choice, the lyrics of the song made him think of jack. quickly fumbling with his phone he skips the song, a more upbeat song plays, making zach sigh softly and strum his fingers along to the beat against the steering wheel.

finally after what felt like an hour drive zach arrived in front of kay's house, the house looked like all the others on the street, but what was different about it was the size, it was the last house on the street. zach looks out in awe at her house.

with a soft knock, kay answers the door, she was wearing a rose gold strapless dress, pink and white rose designs with a hint of glitter in them were placed at the hem of her dress and at the top. zach's breath was taken away, even if he didn't have feelings for kay, he wasn't going to lie and say she wasn't beautiful because she was. her hair was pinned back with rose clips, and her makeup was done to perfection.