3.0 - he's my dad, and i love him

Justin's P.O.V

"Justin, you don't have to do this" Selena spoke in a soft, comforting tone, rubbing up and down my arm.

I shook my head, dismissing what she had said. "I want to"

She nodded and gestured her hand for me to walk through the door. Just before I went in, she lightly grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"I'll wait in the reception room, you go" She placed a gentle kiss on my cheek and walked down the hall, her curled hair bouncing around her shoulders.

I hesitantly walked in, seeing him sitting at the small round table in the middle of the room. I took slow steps over and sat down on the chair, on the opposite side from him.

He smiled a little and relaxed into his chair, lacing his fingers together on his lap. I swallowed the forming lump in my throat and inhaled deeply through my nose, ignoring the pain in chest from my healing ribs.

Earlier Selena got a call from Officer Young asking if I could come to the prison my dad is in, because he wanted to see me. After an hour, maybe two of thinking, I finally agreed. I don't know what he wants to see me for or what he will say, but Selena drove me down here anyway.

I'm nervous, kinda skeptical and a little curious. I hope this goes well, but it's not like he can hurt me, there's too many gaurds around. In here, I'm safe.

"Hello, Justin" He broke the thick silence, no emotion on his face.

"Hi" I whispered, my eyes falling onto the light blue table top.

He sat up a little straighter and scanned me, looking for what, I don't know. "You look good. You have a certain glow to you"

My eyebrows furrowed at his comment and I looked back up to meet his gaze. "What?"

"It's funny," He started with a chuckle. "Your mother had the same glow. It was bright and warming for the first few of years of us being together, but when you turned four, it slowly started fading"

"D-did I do something wrong? It's my fault, isn't it? I-I didn't mean to, I-"

"Justin, relax!" He cut me off. "You worry too much. Why would you say that it's your fault?"

"Because it is! You basically said it yourself!" I pointed my finger towards him.

He shook his head and frowned. "No I didn't, because it's not your fault. She would always light up again when she saw you. It's my fault that she lost her glow and that she was becoming unhappy"

"Dad," I sighed, closing my eyes for a second. "Please tell me why you did it? Why did you take her away from me?"

He just looked at me for a moment, before swallowing loudly and licking his lips. He looked like he was arguing with himself as to whether or not to tell me. His eyes flashed with an emotion I've never seen on him before, but couldn't quite work out what it was.

"You really wanna know?" He finally spoke, his voice softer than before.

I went to answer, but stopped myself. Do I really want to know why? After all these years, do I actually want to know the truth?

After a minute or two, I nodded slowly. "Y-yeah"

He nodded, too and sighed. "Alright, but I won't just tell you about her, I'll tell you everything"

"Really?!" I spoke almost too quickly and a higher pitch than normal. I cleared my throat and shook my head, mentally slapping myself.

"Yeah..." He trailed off. "But promise, not to freak out or interrupt?"