2.8 - this kiss

Selena's P.O.V

I sat on the chair next to the hospital bed Justin was laying in, holding his hand and holding back the tears that were threatening to fall. He's been unconscious for about three hours now, not showing any signs of waking up any time soon. The ambulance arrived roughly ten minutes after Officer Young took his dad away.

The doctors said that his injuries are so bad, they're keeping him here for a few nights. I talked to them about his situation and they agreed to let him come home with me when they release him.

My mum called me and started questioning my about where I was, why I'm at the hospital and when I'm coming home, she was just being the caring and protective mother she is. When I told her Justin's in the hospital, she asked why so I told her everything - everything she didn't know about him, his dad and all that has happened to him. By the end of the call, we were both crying and she said she would come down to see him.

It's been about an hour since the call and she should be here soon. She had to pick up Gracie from school first, apparently she went today.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to Justin, even though he couldn't hear me. "It's my fault that you're in here. I should've tried harder to protect you, but I didn't. I'm so sorry, Justin!"

I sighed and let my head fall next to his, on the empty space just by his pillow. Before any of the tears that I had been biting back for so long could spill over, the door opened and my mum came running in.

"Sel, honey, I have to go back to work. Something important came up and I really can't miss it, but Gracie wanted to come, so I'm just dropping her and then I'll come back later" She set Gracie down from her hip and she quickly came over to me.

I nodded and pulled Gracie onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her. Mum kissed my head and rushed out , leaving me again.

"Belle, is Justy going to be okay?" Gracie asked, looking at his unconscious body on the bed.

I shrugged and burried my face into her hair. "I hope so"

"I'm tired" she said with a yawn.

"Why don't you go to sleep on that couch over there for abit?" I asked, pointing at the large couch that was at the other side of the room.

She nodded and reached her arms out towards Justin. I helped her crawl onto the bed and she kissed his cheek.

"Wake up soon, Justy. I wanna talk to you, I miss you" She whispered and jumped down from the bed.

She walked over to the couch and laid down on it, letting herself get comfortable. I grabbed a blanket from one of the shelves on the wall and draped it over her, giving her extra warmth.

"Will you wake me up when Justy does?" She asked, bringing the blanket up to her chin.

I nodded and crouched down to her level. "Of course, Gracie"

"Night Belle. Love you" She mumbled and closed her little eyes.

I smiled and kissed her nose. "Sweet dreams. I love you too, babe"

I returned to my seat next to Justin's bed and focused my attention back on him. He had a pained look on his bruised and cut face and he seemed uncomfortable, even though he was asleep.

I took his hand again and saw a single tears fall from the corner of his eye, followed by another one. I gently wiped them away with the pad of my thumb and stroked down his cheek slowly.

"Please wake up, Justin? I need to know if you're gonna be alright" I whispered, letting out a deep sigh.

I leant back in the chair and tried to relax myself, it can't be good to just let myself get worked up and frustrated.