Chapter Nineteen: Shot and Exploded

We pulled up in Stiles's Jeep and quickly hopped out; I turned to Ethan and Scott telling them to go get the runners and that Stiles, Aiden and me would talk to Coach. They nodded and headed off running; Stiles, Aiden and me ran up to Coach who sat on the big rock with his stop watch in hand. "Coach!"

Finstock gets up and turned to us. "Stilinski?!" We came to a running and he looked at us.

"Whoa." Stiles says getting foot on ground to stabilize himself. "Coach, listen close. We have to stop the run because there's something wrong. Okay, remember the coyote, well, this is where it use to run and there's steel-jaw traps all over." Stiles kept on talking and we finally got Bobby to agree and we all ran to where the ending of the run should be and I seen Scott and Kira looking at each other. We gain speed and Stiles shouted. "Scott! Scott!" The others started running, coming up fast. We halted and Stiles waves his hands. "Stop, stop, stop! Everyone stop!"

I stood next to Finstock and Aiden was next to Stiles; Stiles glanced down at the ground and looked amongst the leaves, leaning over and raking them away with his hand. He then stops, finding something and I heard a clanking noise. Stiles picks up an end of a metal chain, looking at Scott then back down, gathering up the chain slowly. He made his way in front of me as he picked up the ending part and glanced around expecting there to be more. Bobby started clapping his hands loudly. "Congratulations, Stilinski. You found a length of chain."

He started walking over to the team, Scott and the others. "Coach," I started and started walking towards him, rounding in the front.

"Can somebody now please tell me what the hell's going on?" He asked loudly.

"Coach, trust me," I took a step back. "Just-"

"Kit!" Scott yelled.

My foot hit something and I turned around to see a fish line which only meant that it was a trip wire. I glanced up to see an arrow flying towards me and my body is jerked to the side by a force, pulling me into a mass body and the arrow hit it's mark in Coach's stomach. There was a moment of silence and I peered behind my shoulder to see that Stiles's held me to him as he watched Coach. Yet again, Stiles saved me from destruction.

Coach mumbled which made me turn to him and he groaned. "Oh, crap." He then fell backwards onto the ground and passed out from the shock. Scott, Ethan and Aiden all dove to the ground for him and I carefully moved from Stiles's grasp and kneel down next to Coach. My hands scoped up his head, cradling it and Stiles bent down, placing his hand on the arrow shot wound. Bobby quickly jerked back to life and groaned, yelling in pain. "AHH!" His voice ripped into the air. "Get it out of me! Get it out of me. Get it out of me." He chanted. "Oh, my God, I'm gonna die. Get it out of me! I'm gonna die!"

Stiles looks at him, shaking his head. "Coach, you're not gonna die."

"I'm gonna die!" He screamed.

"It will hurt less if you stop moving, Coach." Aiden says trying to hold him down as I still held his head. "Stay still, Coach. An ambulance is coming."

"Get it out! I'm gonna die!" Coach yelled more and more.

Aiden glanced up at the crowd of people, waving his arms. "Get back! Get back! Give him some room! Get back!" I glanced at Stiles who nodded at Scott and I looked at Scott who enclosed his hand on Coach's and his veins popped out, taking away his pain. Scott started gasping and Coach instantly passed out. "I think he just passed out."

Stiles picks up his hands that shook, covered in blood. He eyes them and shook his head. "I could have killed him." He then looked at Scott. "I could have killed him, right? What if it was his head or his throat?" He then paused. "It could've been Kit, too." Stiles mumbled. "It could've been her instead of him."