Chapter Seven : More Bad Then Good

The Jeep's brakes screech as we stop in front of the woods where we knew Malia would be; Stiles and Lydia jump out as Scott and I ride in on his dirt bike, then Allison and Isaac get out from her car. Lydia looks at our little group and sighs. "Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good?"

"We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter." Scott nodded at her.

"Actually, we're trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who is actually his daughter, who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter." Isaac says.

"And again with the not helping." Stiles looked at him, shaking his head. 

Scott turns to Allison, nodding at her. "Did you bring it?" She then walked to her car's trunk, opening it up and taking out the gun with the tranquilizer shots that we got from Deaton.

Just then shots were taken off in the distance and Scott reacted, jumping on his dirt bake and taking off with Isaac following after him and Allison running after Isaac. "Wait, wait. Wait! Wait!" Stiles called after but they already ran off. 

"What now?" I asked, looking at Stiles and he looked at me. 

"I'll just call my dad." He then took out his phone, dialing him up and listening to the ring. His dad picks up and I start hearing his voice on the other line. "It took the doll again? What the hell is so important about this doll?" Stiles mumbled.

"I don't know, but listen to me. There are traps all over those woods. Near the trails. Probably near the car crash. And Tate is out there with a rifle. I want you to stay out of those woods." Sheriff's voice rings and my heart dropped. 

"Scott," I whispered. "The traps are out and Scott, Isaac and Allison are out there!" My feet instantly sprang into action, running off and following the light path that Scott's bike left. The heart in my chest beat fast, my pace became faster as I ran. "Scott! Isaac! Allison!" I came to a stop, breathing for air when another gunshot went off. "Allison?!" I yelled and started running back up again. 

The trees blur pass me as I run as fast as could but it didn't do me any good since I had short legs keeping me a float, my chest tightened and a loud noise pierced my ears. "AHHHH!" It was a hoarse cry of pain and anger from Isaac. I stopped myself, turning around, trying to listen from where the sound came from but it died down. Then, another noise went off, the sound of wreckage; fumbling and a motor rimming. Scott's bike.

"Scott!" I bolt to the running motor, it still echoing in the distance and got louder and louder as I got closer. The engine then died down and nothing was sounding, I glanced all around me, seeing that I was clearly lost in the woods. "Scott?" I called out. "Scott!" Just then growling, signaled from behind me and I shut my eyes. "Oh no." My body slowly turned to see Malia, she was looking at me, snarling. "Malia, please." She growled, taking steps towards me and while I backed up. She then showed her teeth, snapping them at me and I took the moment to leave. "Scott!" I yelled for him. 

The scenery around me started looking familiar, I recognized it as where the wreck took place and started making way towards the car. I heard a roar from across away, secretly hoping it Scott as I kept on trying to put distance between Malia and I. 

The car came into view and I ran more, my head turn to glance at Malia and my foot hit against something, making me tumble and fall. Tumbling around and around, my face was smacked with twigs and rocks. My body came to a stop, groggily, arms pushed my upper half up to see Malia making her way for me, showing teeth. Just then a mass body landed in front of me, staring Malia down. I re-blinked my eyes to notice that it was Scott in his werewolf transformation, eyeing her and she growled at him then Scott roared his Alpha roar. It was loud, sonic, and booming off in every direction.

Malia backed up, her eyes glowing to a blue color and her body subsides to the ground. Her fur was disappearing turning into human skin, a bare girl's body without clothing. She glanced down at her human hand, seeing it for the first time in nine years. Her brown eyes darted up at Scott and me, then she looked all around, confused and eyes wide. "Malia?" I spoke up and she looked at me as if she wanted to cry but couldn't. "You're okay now." I whispered.

. . .

Today progress was made; I helped Scott transform just by being in danger's way so now according to him and from Aiden, and Deaton have said—I'm Scott's new Anchor. We got Malia to turn back into human and returned her safely back home to her father, Mr. Tate. Allison learned control from her crazy dead aunt dreams and visions. Also, Stiles got the ability to read normally again, he said that it was possibly from me encouraging him to take day by day and not all at once. Another thing is that the door to my closet doesn't randomly pop open anymore, it's as if it finally learned how to close

Once at home, I got bored and started searching random mythology on my laptop. I searched the normal things; more information about Banshees for Lydia, I even did some on coyotes to learn even more for Malia and her condition, then I returned back to Alphas. My eyes had called quits on the websites until I thought of something else; fireflies. 

My server went to Google and typed in 'Fireflies Mythology' with pushing enter, I clicked the first link which brought me to paragraphs talking about different folklore about them and what they resemble but the main folklore that was being mentioned was the Japanese lore. That's when I decided to retype and put 'Fireflies Japanese Mythology' then pushed enter. 

The first link brought something up called an Oni so I clicked on it and started reading. 'The Oni are muscular, club-wielding creatures and were the natural enemies of brave warriors. At the same time, however, the Oni were often depicted on the tiles of houses in order to scare away malicious spirits'. With a yawn, I shut my laptop close and decided to continue on reading in the morning. I got under my blankets, turn out the light and closed my eyes but not before I heard a flutter of something by my window, I glanced out to see a firefly looking at me then once it seen me looking at it, it flew away.