Chapter Ten : Atomic Numbers

Scott went off with Isaac, Ethan, and Aiden to track down William's smell while Lydia, Stiles, and Allison were planning on something else and with that, it left me alone and I needed to do research on Barrow. I headed on over to the library, logging onto computer and once I got on Google my mind shut down. 

My fingers froze above the keys, trying to figure out what to type in for the matter. Soon after, my fingers started typing in William Barrow, pushing enter. The first that came up was a Wikipedia page and I clicked it. What I noticed right away was the fact that it stated that William used to be a Chemist and how he had an extraordinary understanding in it. It then went on about how he came to work at a power substation as an electrical engineer. Then it finally went on to him being convicted of walking onto a school bus full of students and detonating a shrapnel-filled bomb. Four teens were killed, one was maimed, and Barrow suffered severe injuries as well. The page also included that Barrow claimed the kid's eyes were glowing like in the movie Village of the Damned, suggesting that they were in some way evil.

I yank on my pony tail, making it tighter and sighed. The top half of my body leaned in more to the computer, reading the words over and over again. "Come on, Barrow," my voice whispered. "There's gotta be something more." My eyes danced across the movie title Village of the Damned, sparking some new idea in my mind. 

Quickly, my hand darted the the mouse and clicked Google's search bar, typing in the movie and clicked search. I clicked and opened up so many tabs that they started getting smaller and smaller; in all, there were eleven tabs and once I finished with one, I closed it getting as much info as I needed. For the movie, my eyes skimmed and read the story line, watched the trailer on Youtube, viewed pictures from the 1960 film as well from the 1995 remake on Google Images, my brain racked itself around digging deeper into this movie and how it related to Barrow and this situation. Then once I actually felt like I could solve something, the fire alarm went off.

With a huff, I logged off the computer, grabbing my book bag and put on my back, pushing in the chair. As I walked by a shelf, I heard music blaring and glanced over to see Kira sitting down, listening to her music in her earphones and reading. "Kit!" I turned and seen Coach looking at me. "Don't you hear the fire alarm?"

"I was researching, about to leave and just spotted Kira," I stated as he walked on over, seeing Kira on the floor sitting and walked up to her.

She then seen him, looking up and taking out her earphones. "How loud are you playing that thing?" He asks her and she just looks around, hearing the alarm then looked at him. "Let's go! Get the hell out of here!" She nods, getting her elephant pattern back pack and got up, walking towards me. I smiled at her and we walked on out side by side.

As we walked out, we made small conversation and then it was cut off. "Kit?! Kit? Kit!" It was Scott's voice, I glanced around to see him and the others looking for me. "Kit!"

"What?" I called out and he turned, seeing me.

He ran on over, hugging me and I hugged him back, confused. "I thought William got to you," he huffed in a whisper. "We were looking for you."

I smiled, resting my cheek onto his shoulder. "I'm fine."

"Kit," my eyes peer up to see Stiles and Scott lets me go, Stiles ran over and gave me a shaky hug. "I'm glad you're okay."

"I'm glad you are, too," I hugged him back and let him go, looking at him and Scott. "Why did the fire alarm go off?"

"I did that," Stiles nodded. "Had to get everyone out of the school 'cause Lydia and I figured that William could've set up a bomb in the boiler room which is where Scott, Isaac, Ethan and Aiden were."