REAL

Chapter 12

I slowly turn around. What I see is a man standing in front of me. His piercing green eyes looking straight at me.

"Hey, beautiful." He says with a smile.

"Hum, who are you?" I replied.

"That is a question for later."

"Are you the one who made everybody disappeared? Did you sent the shadow lady last time?" I question.

"They aren't gone. They're still here but you just can't see them and they can't see you. And that shadow lady, as you call her, came on my command." He admits.

"Why? Again, who are you?" I ask again. "Actually, what do you want?"

"Now that is the right question to ask but it's not the right moment. I'll see you soon."

In seconds, he's gone.

Beep Beep Beep

I wake up in my bed. It was a dream. Why did it felt so, so real.

I leave my room. I'm glad to see both of my roommates eating their breakfast. I join them and get ready for the day.

***

"Hey, what do you guys know about an Aiden Smith?" I ask the girls. They stare at me with the same weird look.

"Aiden Smith? Why do you ask about him?" Allie wonders.

"How do you even know that name? Didn't you say you were new to this world?" Talia inquires.

"It's just I heard a story about him. About what happened ten years ago. I wanted to know more details. Do you know more than just he disappeared one day without explanation?" I question.

"We just heard rumours, not anything that makes sense." Allie says.

"The scariest one is how he got called to be a servant for some dark evil force." Talia tells with a serious face. "Since he was supposedly really powerful."

"Yeah. I heard that one too. It's not realistic but it makes sense for a great story. What I heard was he wanted to go back to his normal life so he ran away. My story is the most normal one and it isn't crazy." Allie says.

"Okay. Did that Aiden guy really existed or it's just the perfect story to scare people?" I question.

Suddenly, the air around me became really cold, ice cold. I furtively look around me for the ghost. I finally found him. He's in the corner of the kitchen. He looks more lost than ever.

"What is it, Henry?" I ask in my head.

"I can't remember the more I try." He admits. "Why can't I remember? Do you remember?" He inquires.

"If you're talking about the vision I had about you, when you died. Then yes, I remember." I say.

"No, what am I?" He asks. "I'm not like most and I didn't even know until you saw my last... m-moment."