5# The Date *.*

Chapter 5 《Edited By: @Keepfaithmyfriend.》

Daniel

She said yes. I can't believe! She said it! I was waiting for her, still wondering if she was single or not. Her relationship with that Robin guy was way too intimate for them to be just friends.

"I’m ready," she replied, smiling.

"Okay, let’s go." I opened the door for her, and then we made our way downstairs. I made sure to open the car door as well; I had to leave a good first impression, after all.

"Can I make a phone call?" I asked as I got into the car.

"Yeah, sure," she said, and I immediately got out my phone. My fingers pecked on the phone rapidly as I dialed Alan’s number.

 "Hello?"

"Sorry Alan, but could you do me a favor tonight?” I requested.

"Of course man."

"Can you pick Delilah from the clinic? Because-"

"Don't worry. I will take care of it. Just call her and let her know."

"I will. Thanks bro." I hung up, and looked at Amber with an apologetic look.

"I am so sorry."

"For what?" Amber asked, one eyebrow raised.

"Just for taking up your time," I explained.

"Oh, it’s absolutely fine. Don’t worry about it. Now, where are we going?" she asked with a beautiful grin on her face.

"I have a place in mind. It’s like Starbucks, but a lot calmer. I think you’ll like it."

"Sounds good," she stated with a smile. I started the car, and began driving. After a while, I thought of something.

"Will you dial Delilah’s number?” I handed her my phone.

"Sure. What’s her name again?"

"You can use the speed dial. She is 1,” I said and she nodded.

"Here you go. It’s ringing." Amber handed the phone back to me.

After about ten rings, Delilah finally picked up. We were already in front of the café by that time.

"Delilah, where were you?"

"I had a patient. Why are you calling anyway?"

"Alan is picking you up today,” I said. I braced myself for her complaining.

"Ugh... for the millionth time, I don't like him Daniel. I can walk home by myself, really. Besides, I don't get why you aren’t picking me up anyway."

"Because it'll be dark. I am telling you calmly Delilah. Please don't make me lose it,” I warned. Amber looked the other way, and I could see the faintest hint of a blush on her cheeks. Sighing, I got out of the car.

"I will walk Daniel. It’ll be fine."

"Delilah, I don't want to raise my voice here! You'll go with Alan," I declared and hung up before she could reply. I opened Amber's door, perhaps too violently. Her eyes widened and I breathed deeply, containing myself.

Calm down Daniel, it’s a perfect day. Enjoy it.

"Here it is," I said, trying to remain cheerful. I smiled faintly as I helped her.

"Thank you," she blushed.

We walked to the entrance together. A good-looking waiter greeted us immediately.