11

The sounds of two pairs of a heavy footsteps and a pair of really faint ones woke Charlie Cavanaugh up at an ungodly hour the next morning. "Shh" she heard someone hiss before something was knocked over and smashed, this woke her up properly. "The fuck ?" she whispered while rubbing her eyes as she sat up to check who ruined her slumber. There infront of her stood Monica, her girlfriend Bob and Frank holding a broken lamp. "This is all a dream, go back to bed" he said trying to divert her attention but Monica stepped out from behind him.

"Charlie" she shouted, she was full of excitement but Charlie threw her head back and groaned. "Why's she here Frank ?" she asked unamused as the man sighed. "This is typical you isnt it ? You have to be in my business. If you must know Monnie and Bob are signing a form in exchange for Liam" he began as the front door open and Fiona walked in. "Did I hear you right ?" she shouted, she'd been listening outside the front door since she saw them go in. "They're taking Liam ?" Charlie shouted even louder as Fiona dropped her purse. "Oh no you're not" she said, walking infront of the stairs to block them as Monica ran up to her. "Please Fiona. He's my son, I need to bond with him" she pleaded as Fiona shook her head, she wasn't mentally ready to deal with this, there was no way she could've been. "Move over. We're taking him with us" Bob said as Fiona shook her head again so Charlie walked over to help.

"Liams staying her" she said adamantly as Bob scoffed. "And who the fuck are you ?" she said unamused about to walk upstairs but Charlie shoved her out of the way and ran up to the boys room. She slid their dresser over so it was infront of the door, barricading them in. "Charlie, what the fuck ?" Ian asked confused, he could see she was on a mission and couldn't be interrupted. She moved the dresser on her own and was sitting with her back against it. "Charlie ?" Ian whispered, he was sitting next to her at that stage but she had her knees to her chest and was slowly rocking back and forth, ready to tackle any conflict that came. "What's wrong ?" Carl asked while jumping down from his bunk to sit on the other side of her.

"It's Monica, she's back, her girlfriend wants to take Liam" she explained as Ian shook his head. "And she's not, right ? We won't let her" he asked as she nodded. "It's why I'm here" she said while pointing at the floor so he smiled, knowing his brother was safe since he had so many people to protect him. He stood up and climbed over Mickey who immediately sat up. "Why is everyone so fucking loud in the morning" he groaned as they heard a banging against the door so Ian got back up and immediately ran and sat next to Liam.

"Charlie I'm getting in here even if that means skull dragging you out" Bob shouted from the other side of the door as Carl clung to Charlie, they were both terrified of loosing Liam. "What about her other five kids she gave no fucks about Bob, you taking them too ?" Charlie shouted back, the door was being forced open but there wasn't any progress being made. Bob tried for another twenty minutes before giving up and walking downstairs. She announced they'd be back tomorrow, they all knew it was a bluff so Charlie ran to Liam who had woken up over all the commotion. "You're not going anywhere sweetheart, okay ? I'll make sure of it" she whispered while pressing a kiss on his forehead before walking into her and Lips room.

Lip sat on the edge of their matters smoking a cigarette while a half naked Mercedes slept peacefully. He couldn't look more disgusted at another person if he tried but the look was gone the second he saw Charlie standing in the doorway. "You alright ?" he asked as she shrugged. "Monica's back" she said awkwardly, she didn't know where to look, if she looked at him or the girl in her bed, she felt like she wanted to throw up so she kept her eyes on the floor. "Best keep a low profile then" he said through a nod, she was quiet for a second longer than usual and he found it weird so followed her eyes onto the girl in the bed. "She your girlfriend ?" she asked as the boy laughed. "Sadie ? No ? Casual, you know how it is" he explained as she furrowed her eyebrows. "Does she know that ?" she asked as he shifted uncomfortably and shook his head while taking the longest drag of his cigarette. He tapped a space on the mattress for her so she sat next to him, head on his shoulder with his cigarette hanging from her mouth and that is what he always wanted. It felt so natural with the two of them.