10

For a change she went in the back door to see Ian standing at the kitchen counter wolfing down a bowl of alphabet soup, she could hear an annoyingly loud and piercingly fake voice coming from the living room. "Don't ask" he said immediately, knowing she would so she nodded and put his application on the table. "Fill this in for tomorrow, you'll get your uniform at work" she explained as he raised an eyebrow. "There's a roller skate on it, I'm not roller skating" he protested as she ran a hand through her hair. "Don't you worry, you're a busboy, I'm the waitress, I'm the one busting my ass" she said annoyed as he nodded, realising her stress and hugged her. "Thank you, you didn't need to do that, what would I do without you ?" he asked as she rested her head on his shoulder, for once she needed the hug more. "You've always looked out for me and I should've done it for you but-" he began but she cut him off by nodding and walking into the living room to meet the annoying voice. She just wanted to forget about the Milkoviches.

It belonged to a girl with shoulder length bouncy curly hair who was sprawled on their couch. One arm was on top of the couch with her body facing Fiona and the other gripped Lip's thigh. "Hey there" the woman greeted Charlie through a straight, pearly white smile but Charlie just gave her a nod since she was beyond tired and drained. "Your Charlie ? Right, gosh all these names but I'll get there. I'm Mercedes, but no one ever calls me it, it's always Mercy or Sadie, whatever you want" she said while shifting awkwardly but Charlie just kept nodding as she scanned her form. "So, uh, what will it be ?" she continued so the girl so fed and briefly looked up. "I don't want to call you anything, realistically you won't be around long enough for me to pick one" she said as she searched for a pen which left Fiona with a raised eyebrow, she was onto her.

"You alright ?" she called out, knowing what she was doing but Charlie just nodded. "She why you clocked out early ?" she asked bitterly as Lip nodded, he was getting exactly what he wanted. "Problem ?" he asked through a smirk, he was expecting her to shake her head and say nothing but that wasn't the Charlie Cavanaugh any of them knew. "Yes actually, you left me with double the workload, you'll be covering one of my shifts because of it" she barked as he shrugged. "Oops" he said as she shook her head. "Yeah, oop" she mimicked before filling in her name at the top of her form. "What's that ?" Fiona asked, she sounded interested but she just wanted to stop them all from tearing each-other across the room 
LJob application" she said through a sigh as Mercedes smiled. "Do you have like friends here ?" she said as Charlie nodded but kept her eyes down on the form.

"Could I like meet them ? I'm new and I only know Lip. It would be nice to have girl friends" she said as Charlie sighed and sat down on the armchair on the left of the living room, completely ignoring Mercedes. "Yeah. It would be nice" he began as Charlie gave him a death glare and he quickly shut up. "Actually maybe not, maybe another time" he said before pressing a kiss on Mercedes cheek as she blushed. "Is your Mercedes staying over tonight" Fiona said while taking a sip of her cup of coffee as Lip nodded. "And where's Charlie supposed to go ?" she then asked as Mercedes looked at him confused. "Charlie and Lip share a bed" Fiona then said as the girl nodded and looked at Lip. "Oh, well me and Lippy could always get a motel room" she said as Charlie laughed. "Oh yeah, Lippy Dippy Doo Da. Where am I going to sleep while your booty call sleeps in my bed ?" she said sarcastically as Lip rolled his eyes.

"Really mature Charlie" he said while putting his hand on Mercedes thigh hurt her, she couldn't take her eyes off his hand and she knew exactly why. Her feelings had been growing because she knew they were mutual. "And, you can sleep with Ian, or Carl, or Debbie, whoever the fuck you want" he said, snapping her back to reality. "Oh, uh, y-yeah" she said while walking up to Ian's room and she didn't even know why she did usually she'd put up a fight.

She walked in to see him lying on his bed, deep in thought about his application, he overthought everything. "You busy ?" she asked while leaning her head against the doorway, all he had to do was pat a space next to him and the pair were lying on the bed in seconds. "Im guessing you met Lips new girlfriend Volkswagen" Carl said from the top bunk, his legs were hanging down and was clearly previously talking to Ian. "Girlfriend ?" she asked confused as Carl nodded. "She's meant to be staying over too so where are you gonna sleep ?" he asked as she shrugged. "With Ian I presume" she said while flopping back onto the bed and rubbing her face. "My beds always open" he said with a wink she didn't see as she laughed. "Thanks but no thanks dude. Couldn't be leaving the south side deprived of Carl Gallagher" she said as he smirked before Debbie walked in holding Liam, she put him down and he immediately ran into Charlie's arms.

"Charlie" he shouted before wrapping his arms around her neck as she smiled. "Liam" she whispered as she rested her head on his shoulder. He always hugged her when he saw her and he hugged her so tight like he never wanted her to go away. "How are you buddy ?" she said while smiling as he giggled. "Good" he said as she nodded. "That's good" she said while letting the tears forming in her eyes spill down her eyes. "Charlie ?" Debbie asked confused clearly noticing the girl she saw as her second big sister crying. "Are you okay ?" Carl asked while jumping down as she put Liam down and nodded. "She's fine guys. Just give her some room" Ian said as Debbie stayed still. "Debs. I promise. She just needs some room. Bring Liam to get a cookie" she said as Debbie nodded before picking up her little brother as Carl cautiously followed her.

"What's wrong ?" he whispered as she took a breath. "What am I doing ?" she whispered back as he raised his eyebrow. "Iggy is a rebound. Mickey, I-nevermind and now Lips being all awkward" she began as Ian looked at her. "Because he told you how he felt last night" he said as she shook her head. "He doesn't like me, no way" she said as he shrugged. "All I'll say is, it definitely wasn't Karen or any other girl he spends all year talking about until he sees you. Do you like him ?" he asked she nodded. "I'm scared though" she whispered as the man sighed and nodded. "I understand that now I don't mean to be a killjoy but Mickeys coming over" he began as she nodded. "I'll find a new bed" she said as he raised his eyebrow again . "No. No. I was saying you can room with Debs or even sleep with Liam if you want to" he said as she shook her head. "Don't worry about me" she whispered while ruffling his hair as she checked the clock by his bed. "8pm" she whispered as he nodded. "Dinner" she heard being shouted as she walked downstairs with Ian instantly gaining a hug from Debbie.

"Are you really okay ?" she said as the girl nodded. "It's things you don't need to worry about. Don't worry about me" she said while hugging her back as Debbie shook her head. "You worried about me at the pool" she said as Charlie shook her head. "Debs" she began but Fiona called them to the kitchen. "Mercedes ordered pizza" she said as Mercedes smiled. "Oh please. Fi. Call me Mercy or Sadie. Whatever you feel" she said as Fiona nodded. Charlie just leaned against the kitchen counter away from everyone until Lip looked up. "Sit down Bubs" he said confused as she shrugged. "I think I might go to my dads" she said while looking at Mercedes who had her hands all over Lip. Charlie Jared it, it made her feel physically sick. "No need to, plenty of food here" Mercedes said as Charlie just shook her head. "It's fine honestly Volkswagen" she said as Carl laughed but no one else did. "Come on. Just sit down. Please. I insist" she said as Charlie eventually gave in and sat in between Debbie and Ian but she felt so out of place.

Ian was waiting for Mickey, Debbie and Carl were flicking pepperoni at eachother, Liam was falling asleep with his bottle of milk, Fiona was invested in a conversation with Mercedes and Lip was just eating his pizza while the girl across the table from her put her hands all over him.

"I'll put Liam to bed" she said while getting up as Mercedes shook her head. "Eat your food babes. Me and Lippy can do it" she said as Charlie mentally cringed at the nickname Lippy her best friend had been given. "It's okay. Im up now" she said as Mercedes told her she hadn't touched her food but Charlie ignored her and picked up the toddler and brought him upstairs and put him in his bed tucking him in. She sat on the edge of the bed stroking his head until he fell asleep because he was too sleepy to be told a bedtime story and when he finally did fall asleep she pressed a kiss on his forehead and said goodnight before walking out to Mercedes and Lip kissing passionately and going into her room. Then Mickey and Ian followed up soon after. "Oh Brooklyn" Mickey said as she looked at him. "I'm sorry. D-don't tell anyone" he said as she shook her head. "Not my thing to tell" she said as he nodded. "Good because I'd have to kill you. Oh and why does he have to go to work so damn early in the morning ? It means everyone is noisy and I can't sleep" he began as she laughed. "Alright sleeping beauty I got it" she said while laughing as Carl finally came upstairs a while later. "Are you okay ?" he asked as she nodded. "Honestly ?" he said with his eyebrow raised as she nodded. "Honestly" she whispered as he hugged her. "I know you're not but I'm not gonna ask anymore questions" he said as she hugged him back and walked downstairs where Fiona was sitting.

"You like Lip I can see it" she immediately said as Charlie just stayed silent. "Your silence is telling me enough" Fiona whispered loudly before checking her phone and immediately putting it back. "What's wrong ?" she asked confused as Fiona looked up. "Steve wants me to come over but I'm busy here" she said as Charlie eventually convinced her to go over and eventually just curled up on the couch and went to sleep. She just didn't want to talk about the whole Lip situation