Chapter 73

Jughead was sat by Betty's bedside until she woke up. "Juggie" she mumbled. Her eyes felt too heavy and the light in the hospital room was too bright. "Hey...I'm right here baby" Jughead said, moving to sit on the bed and moving some hair from her face. She flickered her eyes open and he smiled at her. "Do you remember what happened?" He asked and she nodded sadly. "It will be okay, we are going to find the bastard that did this!" Jug said angrily. Betty took his hand. "It's okay.. I'm okay" and she managed a small smile but he could see the pain in her eyes. "Where's Noah?" She asked, missing her baby boy. "He's okay, he's with Toni at the apartment, I've check in multiple times, she fed him the milk you already pumped and he's asleep" Jug said. "I can ask her to bring him if you want?" He added. "No! No... I know he won't remember but I can't hold him while I'm like this and I don't want him to see me like this" she sobbed. "Hey. Hey, Betts. It's okay" jug said hugging her softly so he didn't hurt her. "But honey, you'll have to see him tomorrow to feed him" he said and she nodded. "Oh! Can you ring Toni and ask her to feed squirt" she added and Jughead burst out laughing.

"How is she?" FP said when Jughead came out of Betty's room. "She's okay. In pain but okay. You can go and see her I'm just going to go and see Noah" Jughead said as he watched his dad, fangs and Sweetpea go into his wife's room. When he got home he found Toni on the couch watching a movie. "Hey how's Betty?" She asked getting up. He filled her in and then went to see Noah. Noah was just waking Uk when Jugehead walked in. "Hey little man" jug said gently as he picked him up and placed him over his shoulder, rocking him softly before cradling him and placing a kiss on his little nose. "Mommy will be back soon... she misses you and asked me to give you a big hug from her" he said and kissed him again on his soft blonde hair. "Shhh.. go to sleep baby" he cooed. He noticed he wasn't settling and noticed he needed changing. He moved him over to the changing table and after putting a new diaper on him he put him on his shoulder and tried to get him to sleep again.

"Hey dad what are you doing here?" Dad said when he came out of the nursery and saw his dad. "I thought I'd watch Noah for the night while you go back to Betty" FP said. "Thanks dad" he smiled. "I'm going to pack her some clothes or whatever" jug said and went into their room to get Betty some pyjamas and clothes. He placed them all in a bag and made his way back to his dad. "Okay I'm going to head back to the hospital. There's two bottles of milk left in the fridge. He's asleep now and will probably wake in the night so give him one then and another in the morning. The doctor said we'll be home by tomorrow morning so it should be okay" Jug said and FP nodded. "Call if you need anything" jug said and left to his wife.

That evening the nurses had wheeled in a spare bed and Jughead pushed it against Betty's so they could hold each other. "I'm so sorry that you got hurt again" jug whispered to her. "It's okay. I should've waited for you to pick me up" she said as tears fell from her eyes. "You're my whole world Betty. You and Noah mean everything to me and I don't know what I'd do without you both" he admitted. "You boys are my world too! I love you" she said. He smiled and wiped the tears off her face before kissing her softly. "I love you too beautiful".