Chapter 33

The rest of the week flew by and before they knew it, Polly was back to pick up the twins. "How were they?" Polly asked as she picked them up and hugged them. "They were good, as always" Betty smiled. "Hey guys why don't you play with Uncle jug while I talk to mommy" Betty said to the twins and Betty and Polly went into the office. "How was the trial?" Betty asked. Polly sighed and sat down. "Honestly, terrible. She's insisting that she hasn't done anything wrong and won't give up the location of Abigail not matter what" Polly said and Betty's stomach churned at the name of the woman who's been tormented her. "And... just to warn you they go into graphic detail of chics death including pictures" Polly added. "W..what?" Betty whispered, feeling a lump in her throat and tears pooling in he eyes. "Well I told them about the fire, how she pushed you which caused it and he died in it so it could go down as murder" Polly exclaimed but Betty couldn't listen anymore and ran from the office.

The twins were colouring on the table when jughead heard Polly scream. "BETTY! B COME BACK!". He turned to watch her run out the bar, he instantly followed her and found her leaning against the truck, retching and trying to catch her breath. "Baby?!" He yelled and rushed to her side, rubbing her back. Betty didn't say anything she just fell to the ground sobbing. FP, Toni, fangs and sweetpea rushed out to see what was happening. "Betts? What's happened?" Jug asked crouching in front of her. "I..I can't.." she sobbed. "Shh baby, take some deep breaths" he said. When she calmed down enough she explained to everyone about what Polly had told her. "I can't go through that" she cried into jugheads chest. Jughead looked hopelessly over at the others while he whispered words of comfort in her ear. FP approached his daughter in law and knelt with jughead in front of her. "You're so strong, you're a jones. You can do it betty. And we'll all be there to support you" he said and hugged her. FP's words brought another round of tears and he held her as a father would until she calmed down.

When everything calmed down, Polly and the twins left and Betty was sat on the couch wrapped in a blanket; not talking and just twisting chics ring that she wore around her neck. Jughead, FP, Toni, sweetpea and fangs were sat at the dining table talking. "When will you guys have to go to New York?" Fangs asked. "Not for two weeks" Jug sighed. "I don't want any stress to harm the baby" he added. "We'll all come with you Jug, no Serpent stands alone" Sweetpea said. "Thank you guys, I really appreciate it" Jug smiled. They turned to look at Betty who was still sat there. "What shall we do?" FP said. Toni stood up and said "leave it to me I'll go talk her, girl to girl" she said and the boys watched as she spoke gently to Betty and then they left to go into the bedroom.

"Okay girl, you need to be strong, for Jug and the baby, you can do that right?" Toni smiled as she sat behind Betty and brushed her hair. "Yeah" Betty said, her voice quiet. "Good, you're a serpent and you're not alone, you can lean on us" Toni said and was surprised when Betty hugged her tightly but the pink haired girl instantly hugged her back. "Thank you" Betty said. "Us girls have to stick together" Toni smiled. After a while the girls came out the bedroom to find the boys watching TV; they all looked up when they came back. Toni sat on the floor while Betty went Straight to jughead and sat on his lap, his arms coming around her. "You okay betts?" He asked, kissing her head. She nodded. "I'm going to be strong" she said. "I am strong" she whispered and everyone in the room smiled at the blonde; she'd been through so much and she always amazed them with how strong she was.