Chapter 57

"I NEED TO SEE MY WIFE!" "WHERES ELIZABETH JONES!" Jughead yelled as he rushed through the hospital doors and over to the reception. He was panting and scared but before anyone could help him, he heard the familiar sound of Veronica lodges heels tapping on the hospital floor as she rushed over to him. "Jughead!" She sighed in relief when she saw him. "Veronica Where's Betty?! What's happened?! Is she okay?! The baby?!" He said, hurling a million questions at her at once. She didn't say anything just lead him into a hospital room where Betty was laying in a bed. "Oh my god betts!" He said squeezing her into a massive hug. "Juggie!" She sighed as she hugged him back. "What's happened?" He said, pulling back and looking her up and down to asses what was wrong. "I woke up to excruciating pain and I thought I was going into labour but my water hadn't broke so Veronica rushed me to hospital and they said I'm just experiencing Braxton hicks" she said and he thanked the gods that she was okay. At the point doctor brown walked in and smiled at the couple. "It's nothing to worry about, loads of women experience braxton hicks and yes it's very scary but it's all under control and you'll be able to go home shortly" she smiled as she checked on Betty's vitals and wrote them down on a clipboard. "Thank god! I was so scared baby" jug said, gripping her hand tightly. "Me too, i Just kept thinking it was too early to meet our baby boy and I just wanted you" she sniffed. "I'm not going anywhere betts okay? I'm right here, always" he said as he pressed a firm kiss to her forehead.

Eventually Betty was released from hospital and FP and Toni came to pick them up as jughead didn't want to drive so FP did and Toni drove jugheads truck back. "Everyone was so worried about you darling!" FP said as he pulled her into a hug. "I'm glad your okay betts" Toni said also hugging her. "Thanks guys" Betty smiled and tucked herself into jugheads side. "Come on, let's go home" Jug said kissing her head and leading her to the truck. When they got back to the bar Betty wanted to go straight up to the apartment, so after a quick hello to everyone jughead took her upstairs. "I'm just going to ring Kevin and assure him I'm okay, he's been blowing up my phone" she smiled. "Okay, do you want me to run you a bath?" He asked, rubbing her arms. "That would be lovely, thank you" she smiled and kissed him before pulling out her phone.

"Your Bath is done baby" jug said softly leaning against the bedroom door watching as Betty pulled out some pyjamas to change into. She took his hand and lead him into the bathroom where he helped her undress, stealing kissed every now and then. As he was about to help her into the bath she stopped him and started to take off his clothes. "Betts? What are you doing?" He asked softly. "I want you to join me" she said. "I just want to be close to you" she added and looked down. He tilted her chin up and stroked a finger across her cheek before kissing her and helping her into the bath, with him settling behind her; his hands over her bump. "Today was really scary" she sighed, finally letting the day catch up with her and letting a few tears flow freely. "I know honey, but it's over and our little family is okay, that's all that matters" he said and kissed the soft skin of her shoulder. "I'm so grateful for you juggie" she said and turned to look at him. "You've been amazing throughout everything and I don't know how I can ever repay you" she said. He shook his head and looked at her with pure love and adoration in his eyes and said "Betts, you've given me love, happiness and our family... that's everything... you're everything".