7

Marlo's P.O.V.

I now paced back and forth at the end of the bed.  "I've never been out of the country before the only language I can speak--correction I don't speak it. I only know American Sign Language. So I'll have no clue what you are talking about. Plus what use do you have for me there? I'll just be shut up in a room like I am here," I paused to take a breath looking at Finn who was sitting on the couch smirking. "Why are you laughing. This isn't funny," I asked placing my hands on my hips. 

"No you're right this isn't funny. I apologize for laughing at you," Finn answered. He stood walking towards me. I instinctively took a step back. His smile faded. "You're scared of me?" I stood still, unsure what I could say to get him to calm down. His normally still blue eyes were gray and stormy. He took two strides until we were face to face. It took all I had to hold my ground. I looked up at him quick to remember last time I broke eye contact. I hadn't noticed I had backed up another step until my knee's hit the back of the bed. Finn closed the space. 

"Is that really all you feel when I'm around? Fear?" He asked. 

Once again I delayed answering.

"Respond to me. Please," he said. 

"I'm not sure what I can say," I answered hesitantly. 

"Anything at this point." 

"I don't understand how one minute you can go from a laughing care-free Finn to an intimidating person. Your personality changes so often I never know what to say or what to do when it happens," I answered as honestly as I could. I was fed up with his mood swings. I had had enough of playing this guessing game. 

"Pack your bags we leave in the morning," he said as he stomped out of the room shutting the door loudly behind him. 

I threw my hands up in the air and turned to look at the half-full suitcase I had been filling before Finn's little mood-swing. Maybe this trip would be a good thing. Or it could be horrible. I frowned at that thought unsure how I felt about this. I had no idea why he was taking me with him. For heavens' sake, I hardly know the guy! I sighed and opened one of the drawers I had put my clothes in only a week earlier. I pulled out my phone and put in my headphones drowning out the world around me. 

...

Finn's P.O.V.

"I think you should invite her to dinner with us tonight before you leave tomorrow," my mother said. 

"She and I are not on the best terms right now, mother, I'm not sure it would be the best idea," I sat at my desk, the papers spread strategically. 

"Well, all the more reason to have her come to dinner," I glanced up from my work to see my defiant mother standing a few paces away from the desk I was currently sitting at. 

"I'll send someone to ask her," I said frowning and looking back the papers placed in front of me." 

"Go ask her yourself for crying out loud." 

"Mother I am busy right now." 

"Oh, child get off your bum right now. I did not raise you to act like this. You will march up those stairs right now, clean yourself up and ask her yourself. If you care about her at all you will treat her right," my mother turned to walk out of the room, "I'll see you at seven p.m. sharp. Don't be late." I looked at my watch, I had three and a half hours. 

What was I to do about that women. I loved her to death yet she could be so stubborn at times. 

...

I walked up the stairs to the room Marlo was staying in. I knocked on the door and waited for her come to open it. "Who is it?" Marlo called hesitantly through the thick oak door.

"Who else comes to visit you in your room?" I asked scowling. 

She opened the heavy door a crack and peeked out from behind it. "No one because you keep me caged up like an animal," with that she spun on her heel, leaving the door barely open behind her and turning towards the gray plush couch that sat to the right of the door. 

"I came to ask you, if you would like to come to dinner with me," I paused as she raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms. It tended to be a stance she took when she was annoyed or determined. I assumed it was the latter. I walked closer to the fire that burned steadily in front of the couch. I watched as the blue flame licked the woods emitting a soft wooden aroma throughout the room. 

"Can I one, just point out that this is what I was talking about? The mood swings? You stormed out of the room less than an hour ago fuming and now you're inviting me to dinner? I just don't understand it," she was only a few steps in front of me now and I resisted the urge to reach out and touch her. 

"My parents will be there," I felt the words thick in my throat. 

"Yes, but I am only going because I love your mother," Marlo answered curtly. 

"My asking was a formality, you never actually had an option," I responded with the same curt tone. I stepped forward, gently brushing my hand with her own. She turned to face me smiling. I placed my hand on the small of her back pulling her closer to me. Her breath was hot on my face and I could feel her heart racing. She gently bit her lower lip and I leaned forward accepting the invitation. Only to have her sidestep me and walk towards the bathroom. 

"Good, I don't want you to be getting any ideas," she winked and closed the door to the bathroom. I heard the shower running and turned to leave. I closed the bedroom door quietly and walked to the room I had been staying in since Marlo had gotten here.